What made your day a crap one??

Just went to get my Yaqi Brush out that has the AP Shave SynBad knot fitted that @RussellR5555 gave me. Opened the tube and out popped a rubbish Yaqi brush I thought I had sent back to them.

That means I've accidentally sent my great brush to Yaqi :mad:

Animated GIF

Just went to get my Yaqi Brush out that has the AP Shave SynBad knot fitted that @RussellR5555 gave me. Opened the tube and out popped a rubbish Yaqi brush I thought I had sent back to them.

That means I've accidentally sent my great brush to Yaqi :mad:

Animated GIF
So instead of sending a synthetic, you sent a synthetic? But you still have a synthetic?

Breaking your bike isn't going to solve anything young man!

Back-In-My-Day.jpg

Went to use my Oracle record deck for the first time in months and, bugger, the motor failed. I guess for a deck pushing 40 years and notorious for failing motors it was due to happen one day.

Fortunately managed to buy a DC motor kit as a replacement but the cost has removed any further shaving purchases for the next few months.

A big Booooooo

But is it worth saving? I jolly well think so

IMG_20200614_205226.jpg

A design and engineering classic

Went to use my Oracle record deck for the first time in months and, bugger, the motor failed. I guess for a deck pushing 40 years and notorious for failing motors it was due to happen one day.

Fortunately managed to buy a DC motor kit as a replacement but the cost has removed any further shaving purchases for the next few months.

A big Booooooo

But is it worth saving? I jolly well think so

View attachment 74166

A design and engineering classic

I almost bought a Linn Sondek once, in a galaxy far, far away. Bought a Micro Seiki instead and mounted a Grace F9E cartridge. Of course, I am talking 40 odd years ago and that stuff is long since gone. As well the Nakamichi 581, NAD 3020, etc. Those were the days. (y)

I almost bought a Linn Sondek once, in a galaxy far, far away. Bought a Micro Seiki instead and mounted a Grace F9E cartridge. Of course, I am talking 40 odd years ago and that stuff is long since gone. As well the Nakamichi 581, NAD 3020, etc. Those were the days. (y)

I have had 3 LInns down the years plus God knows what others but I have stuck with the Oracle as the Canadians got it so right.

And love the US Audio Research amps I use. The best electronics I have ever met and built to last, and last, and last etc etc et

EF0AF68C-F2B8-447E-885F-26CE24F7D22D.jpeg
have this car for 3 years now… literally 2 days ago 3 years passed since I bought it. And third incident… some white car reversed or something into it - didn’t leave any note or anything. So yet another bloody incident that some shit didn’t own up to. pissed off is an understatement - makes me want to sell the car and just not bother with it until can afford my own place with own parking spot / garage … but with current market prices - this is ridiculous!
First incident was 3 weeks after I bought it - neighbour hit the front side of bumper and scratched it up, plus clips securing it at top went. Not enough evidence for insurance that it was that neighbour (despite small area with only handful of cars here and rgb values matching between paint on my car and their colour… plus scratches on their side).
month or so ago - someone maliciously hit some pointy object above the door frame … cracking paint too close to roof. F842AF24-A8A5-456A-9A33-8501941EF4DB.jpeg

View attachment 74397
have this car for 3 years now… literally 2 days ago 3 years passed since I bought it. And third incident… some white car reversed or something into it - didn’t leave any note or anything. So yet another bloody incident that some shit didn’t own up to. pissed off is an understatement - makes me want to sell the car and just not bother with it until can afford my own place with own parking spot / garage … but with current market prices - this is ridiculous!
First incident was 3 weeks after I bought it - neighbour hit the front side of bumper and scratched it up, plus clips securing it at top went. Not enough evidence for insurance that it was that neighbour (despite small area with only handful of cars here and rgb values matching between paint on my car and their colour… plus scratches on their side).
month or so ago - someone maliciously hit some pointy object above the door frame … cracking paint too close to roof. View attachment 74398
Charlie Uniform November Tangos!

Great colour on your car though. Is it a Leon?

I have lost my deposit on a mini digger.
I no longer find digging six foot holes contemplative. However, the digger is no longer required.

View attachment 74397
month or so ago - someone maliciously hit some pointy object above the door frame … cracking paint too close to roof. View attachment 74398
Sorry that happened to your Car , and sorry that people don't leave a note and take responsibility !

Sorry that happened to your Car , and sorry that people don't leave a note and take responsibility !
Thank you Russ! On a good note I managed to get CCTV recording of it - turns out it happened on Friday night ( some people in area had a party)… I’m shocked there’s only this much damage seeing that my car moved back by nearly 2 feet! I managed to make out their registration too - so now just need to report online to police as no stop RTC and also to my previous insurance (changed provider on Monday, so it’ll be interesting to see how that goes )

I think I'm starting to get work burnout.
The 50+ hour weeks in a job working hands on with kids in the social services system is taking its toll on me mentally and physically
You need to speak to your work supervisor / manager and let your concerns be known, if you burn and crash you will not be an effective member of your team and more importantly you could be setting yourself up for serious health issues.
Please talk to someone.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom