What is the best cartridge/disposable razor system of all time?

imho the best cartridge razor I've used is the omnishaver, anyone after a quick head shave, you won't beat this for time YMMV

I got many quick head shaves out of it and only costs like £20-30 can't remember but it includes extra cartridges

Second best would be the mach 3 imo

Look what I just found in the back of my bathroom cabinet. Heaven knows how long these have been in there, I don't think I even have a handle for them since going Mach3>WS Quattro>Straight razor/DE. Ye olde Gillette Sensor, twin blades with lube strip. German factory. All 10 unused and still in the plastic holder. Box is a bit battered though.

16349413037703652882032307343584.jpg

Just realised I have a Gillette Contour handle I haven't used in decades (dual blades). Kinda brings back memories of being at university but I'm never going to use it again. I'll be glad to PIF it if anyone's interested.

Haha yeah you're probably right Toby. They certainly got quite a kick back from that campaign didn't they? Still, we don't want any twitter wars on here. I would delete it to be safe but you've quoted me.
I'm an old romantic so I kind of liked the old ad for all its 80s cheesiness cos of the couple falling into each others arms looking all loved up. Much nicer that all the depicting of negative stereotypes. Can't people just be nice? Or let the ad focus on the actual product benefits?!

Last edited:
I wonder if the original Sensor advertisement is still around; I believe that this is the one where it carefully explains why there is a need for two blades, ie the second blade cuts off the whisker before it has time to recede?

Haha yeah you're probably right Toby. They certainly got quite a kick back from that campaign didn't they? Still, we don't want any twitter wars on here. I would delete it to be safe but you've quoted me.
I'm an old romantic so I kind of liked the old ad for all its 80s cheesiness cos of the couple falling into each others arms looking all loved up. Much nicer that all the depicting of negative stereotypes. Can't people just be nice? Or let the ad focus on the actual product benefits?!
Yep, it was a positive, happy commercial about being productive. There is no positive, productive anything anymore, it's all finger pointing and blaming someone else for "your" perceived shortcomings, everything is negative now, they wallow in it.

2rbqrp.jpg

Well have just completed several shaves with my Gillette Blue 3 inserted into a Sensitive handle; not a bad shave; but real issues getting to the areas just beneath the nose (I thinks it's called the nasal base?); why oh why do these razors all include a massive rubber strip just below all of the blades (they originally incorporated this in the Gillette Sensor Excel and ruined it in my opinion); I suppose it's meant to stretch the skin, but all it really does is make it difficult to get to the tricky bits. The Gillette Blue II Slalom was better at getting to these tricky bits but probably did not give as good a shave as the Gillette Blue 3 overall.

Back
Top Bottom