What is the best cartridge/disposable razor system of all time?

I have always been a Mach 3 fanboy, and picked up the Cool Blue version back in the late 90's. Recently I have bought NOS of both the Mach 3 & Mach 3 Turbo. The packaging for the blue Mach 3 had a competition entry slip with the closing date of March 2000. Guessing it's from the 1999ish.

I cannot see any noticeable difference in the two handles. The red Turbo handle aligns next to the blue Mach 3 handle exactly the same. To my eye, anyway. Guessing there could be a slight difference in the head. Or, it's just pure marketing!

Bit like my favourite Beatles compilation albums - the red and blue - my favourite Mach 3's:

IMG_20230302_093525065_HDR.jpg

The Turbo handle has more ridges on it, presumably to increase grip although the M3 looks grippy enough. I have one somewhere but haven't used it for years. Apart from that I think the difference is in the heads, ie the number of microfins and the size of the lube strip.

What if I told you there's probably a Matrix joke about red and blue in there somewhere?

The Turbo handle has more ridges on it, presumably to increase grip although the M3 looks grippy enough. I have one somewhere but haven't used it for years. Apart from that I think the difference is in the heads, ie the number of microfins and the size of the lube strip.

What if I told you there's probably a Matrix joke about red and blue in there somewhere?
I red that message and it blue my mind

When I started Shaving it was with a Gillette Slim Twist, which was then replaced with Sensor, Excel,, and Mach 3. Due to expense I moved on to King of Shaves.

After seeing the light I moved back to DE Razors some 7 years ago, and progressed to Vintage SE/ Injectors and AC/SE.
I did try a Guard as a Travel Razor but did not get on with it. Then I acquired a Feather Neo 11 which was OK.

When looking on Flea Bay for a Schick Type N, I managed to buy what I thought was one but it turns out to be a Schick Super 11 Cart Razor they looked similar on photos. I used it once with success but somehow mislaid it for some time. Having found it I had a head to head with the Feather Neo 11, and the Schick won out.

I have today had a Fifth Shave with the same blade, and it was exceedingly comfortable with a super close finish and not a hint of irritation. I actually think that this Vintage Cart is better than any of the other ones I have used. I have decided that it may well be a Razor which I may user for trips away from Home.

Schick Super 11 Cart used today.

EEFA8813-F0EB-4395-AA11-9009BE1F161E.jpeg

I'm looking the Gillette Labs Exfoliating Razor in Neon Night Edition.
https://www.gillette.co.uk/gillettelabs/exfoliation.list
fM3P4Gf.jpg

Just I do not understand one thing. The new technology FlexDisc.
Is it just a new name for the FlexBall? Or it's better because ...

I'm looking the Gillette Labs Exfoliating Razor in Neon Night Edition.
https://www.gillette.co.uk/gillettelabs/exfoliation.list
fM3P4Gf.jpg

Just I do not understand one thing. The new technology FlexDisc.
Is it just a new name for the FlexBall? Or it's better because ...

Very likely the same mechanism (wound spring) just encapsulated in a disc rather than under a rubber skirt that gets a bit tatty with use. It is a much neater solution. Dorco Pace 6 Pro 3D has a similar mechanism.

I bought the Neon Night a few weeks back but have not yet used it. I have used the Black & Gold before, so have used the format ... and it is very good. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom