What do you wish you tried earlier in wet shaving journey

Joking aside, I wish I had bought AP Shave and PAA synthetic brushes much earlier.

I also wish I had bought less lesser quality soaps in the early days and used that money to buy some of the soaps I now own.

What are those soaps Chris?

I wish I'd bought a shaving bowl earlier on, even if face lathering is very enjoyable, bowl lathering also has it's times.

Trying out a Feather AS-D2. After my first shave with it Irealised that my search for my personal holy grail was at an end. Sold the rest on, and use my Feather exclusively since that day.
Lol this was me until I was recently introduced to straights now I’m diving down another rabbit hole the ASD2 still remains my most comfortable and closest shave with a DE

Discovering the virtues of SE razors earlier. I could always have wished I'd learnt straights years back but not too hassled as SE's give me everything and more.

I should have joined TSR a long time back as what a super forum to be a member of and what a lovely bunch onboard.

Me too Chris
I would sometimes have a quick look at TSR, but didn't join until 2017.

I really ought to have tried more razors sooner - having used a Merkur Futur exclusively for over 7 years.
Same with soaps - I went through every one of Trumpers creams, one at a time, and in between, Body Shop Maca Root and Palmolive Classic Cream.

I guess I have been trapped in the DE rabbit hole for a few years, but now I've discovered how good the Hawk V3 is, I find myself looking at other SE's already.

Alot of people will be thinking it's only a cosmetic thing, it's not!
The lighter weight and longer handle give it perfect balance, for me it is the perfect Feather Razor! :)

Paul
It is very aesthetically pleasing originally I was going to go for it but thought I’d try the asd2 first to see if I likes it. I wouldn’t get rid of the asd2 though would keep both because as you say they are different it’s the longer handle length and weight that appeals to me if it was exactly the same it would have to be instead of the asd2...it’s a good excuse for having both

It is very aesthetically pleasing originally I was going to go for it but thought I’d try the asd2 first to see if I likes it. I wouldn’t get rid of the asd2 though would keep both because as you say they are different it’s the longer handle length and weight that appeals to me if it was exactly the same it would have to be instead of the asd2...it’s a good excuse for having both
Exactly! I have an AS-D1, AS- D2, WS-D1 and a WS-D2 can't be parted from any of them! :)

Paul.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom