What do you think?

I know what I want to do here though I do value your thoughts on this one. As you can see by the pictures the blade has a nice chunk missing on the heel so it's either leave it as it is or file away to the shape that is seen where I've blacked-out the part of the blade that needs filing. What do you suggest? I thought about using some chainsaw files I have as they have a good bite on them. Regards, Adam.
Sorry about the clarity of the photos.

Attachments

• floris 015.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 86
  • floris 014.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 81
  • floris 018.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 79
I see no real reason why you shouldn't do some sort of reverse heel shape, though it's debatable how stable the blade would be. I strongly advise you not to use a chainsaw file however. Firstly, it shouldn't be hard enough unless you propose annealing the razor, and secondly the aggressive cutting action is as likely to shatter the blade as anything else. Far better would be a smallish carborundum wheel in a Dremel or similar, dipping the blade very frequently to keep it cool. Be careful, there's scope for mishaps here.

Thanks for that Andy. I was thinking the same thing about how it might possibly weaken the that part of the blade so I'm still in two minds and as I haven't got a dremel I may just let it sit for a while. Although come to think of it I suppose a flexi shaft on a standard drill would do it don't you think?

Back
Top Bottom