What do you do?

Routines here:-
- leave the blade in, but rinse well and prop up so it can drain. Always mindful of the injunction on blade packets "Do not wipe the blade".
- ditch any DE blade after 3 uses, which I record on a small brass abacus.

If it's rabbit holes, I'm stuck down several of them, with no particular intentions to get out, but merely to swap one for another, for a time.

Routines here:-
- leave the blade in, but rinse well and prop up so it can drain. Always mindful of the injunction on blade packets "Do not wipe the blade".
- ditch any DE blade after 3 uses, which I record on a small brass abacus.

If it's rabbit holes, I'm stuck down several of them, with no particular intentions to get out, but merely to swap one for another, for a time.
Like the brass abacus idea.

So the rabbit hole is more of a warren? Intertwined tunnels mixing it up with nooks and curiosities of all descriptions for those who feel the pull to try one more new product. Will I ever see day light again:unsure:

Will I ever see day light again
Unlikely but you'll learn to enjoy the darkness.

My method is to use a razor until the blade is finished so the blade stays in there until end-of-life. The razor is then cleaned and replaced with the next one in rotation*.

*I don't have a formal rotation - I normally pick something when perusing my collection from the porcelain throne.

Unlikely but you'll learn to enjoy the darkness.

My method is to use a razor until the blade is finished so the blade stays in there until end-of-life. The razor is then cleaned and replaced with the next one in rotation*.

*I don't have a formal rotation - I normally pick something when perusing my collection from the porcelain throne.
Welcome darkness my old friend.................................................

Since watching a Gillette 1950s infomercial that someone posted a fair few months ago, I have taken to leaving the blade well alone once installed in the razor. That, and the only instruction on a tuck of blades, as already mentioned is "Do not wipe blade".
I rinse in hot water and then leave on a horizontal stand to dry.
Don't want to be a blade poor unwrapper-er, loader, dropper, etc. [As shown in the infomercial]

Since watching a Gillette 1950s infomercial that someone posted a fair few months ago, I have taken to leaving the blade well alone once installed in the razor. That, and the only instruction on a tuck of blades, as already mentioned is "Do not wipe blade".
I rinse in hot water and then leave on a horizontal stand to dry.
Don't want to be a blade poor unwrapper-er, loader, dropper, etc. [As shown in the infomercial]
That is my approach; razor loaded and blade not touched until I am finished and ready to dispose - as ever YMMV.

I take the blade out and dab it dry then given the razor a wipe down with the towel. If I’m using the blade in the same razor, I’ll pop it back in otherwise I’ll switch it over to another razor. Don’t see the point in removing a blade and keeping it out all naked by itself. Matron will only go and cut her silly self. Honestly, ruddy woman’s a menace!

I am one of those who takes everything apart, cleans, dry and then puts it all back together.

Quite happy to take the time out to do so as I'm a big believer that if you look after something, it will look after you.

I'd also like to think if I am going to cut myself with something sharp, I'd like it to be clean. You wouldn't have a surgeon dig in with a dirty scalpel so I like to think much the same, albeit not quite the same, but on a similar line of principle.

Back
Top Bottom