What Are Your Favourite Internet Radio Stations?

I have a 'Baby Brennan' internet radio and have 20 pre-set stations that include Radio 4 and the World service, but some particular favourites are:
  • Audiophile Baroque - just baroque music
  • Calm Radio - several baroque stations and nature sounds for calming backgrounds
  • Ancient FM - again classical/baroque etc
  • The 1920's Radio Network - old time jazz etc
  • Relic Radio - early sci-fi radio drama mostly from the US (1940s/50s)
  • Abacus.fm - has one station that just plays episodes of the the Goon Show 24 hrs a day and another that covers other classic British radio comedy
  • British Comedy Radio UK - similar to Abacus
  • Pumpkin FM Sci-fi/Horror - they do weird stuff like broadcast complete actual episodes of the original Star Trek series but have a narrator describing actions in between the dialogue of the actors
Anyway, these provide great background music or sounds and also something different to the crap that I hear elsewhere!;)

I have a 'Baby Brennan' internet radio and have 20 pre-set stations that include Radio 4 and the World service, but some particular favourites are:
  • Audiophile Baroque - just baroque music
  • Calm Radio - several baroque stations and nature sounds for calming backgrounds
  • Ancient FM - again classical/baroque etc
  • The 1920's Radio Network - old time jazz etc
  • Relic Radio - early sci-fi radio drama mostly from the US (1940s/50s)
  • Abacus.fm - has one station that just plays episodes of the the Goon Show 24 hrs a day and another that covers other classic British radio comedy
  • British Comedy Radio UK - similar to Abacus
  • Pumpkin FM Sci-fi/Horror - they do weird stuff like broadcast complete actual episodes of the original Star Trek series but have a narrator describing actions in between the dialogue of the actors
Anyway, these provide great background music or sounds and also something different to the crap that I hear elsewhere!;)

...some really interesting stations, I will check them out...thanks for posting...

One that I have listened to from time to time is Radio Paradise out of California, a commercial-free station with an eclectic DJ-mixed playlist, leaning mostly towards Rock.
Paradise, you may recall, was the town that was all but destroyed - along with its adjacent communities - in the 2018 California wildfires.

+1 for Radio Paradise. A great selection of music. It's listener supported and commercial-free. You can skip songs you don't like and there are several alternative playlists to choose from: main mix, mellow mix, rock mix...

Radio Paradise

Back
Top Bottom