What are you waiting to arrive? September 2021

Marc that looks the absolute dog's danglies, no pun intended. C&H I presume? Classic shape and beautiful wood.

I'm looking away now.
I'm surprised there aren't many "funwood" handled brushes actually; on the coffee forum there was a fellow who had a cracking little sideline making tamper handles etc out of old skateboards (multicoloured laminated wood) glued together and turned.

Last edited:
Hopefully, should be here by tomorrow, a 'new-old-stock' Gillette tech, still with the original cellophane wrap, bakelite box seems in excellent condition, some original blades. I 'won' aka paid too much for it on e-bay. Probably because the bidding went mental in the last 4 minutes, doubling the final cost. If anyone else was bidding, sorry, but it just seemed too good to be true! I'm hoping I'm not regretting it when it arrives!

Serious question though, if it is completely unused as described, do I use it?

My dad reckons I should keep it as a collectible, but I bought it to use it because of the number of techs I've seen in SOTD and the comments about it's performance. So fellas, what's it to be?
Oh my, that’s a nice problem to have and should be worth a fair few quid but then I take it you paid a fair few quid? Lovely razors - arguably the best of the Techs if, I presume, it has the flat, slotted bottom. My favourite! Ooh, personally I’d keep it as a collectible/heirloom but then I already have the same model. If I didn’t, I’m not sure I could keep my mitts off it. I’d think it’d lain all those years just waiting for little old me, dive in and reduce its value by half! :ROFLMAO:

Big help, huh? ;)

I’ve been naughty and Matron has promised to spank me thoroughly: A 1912 English ER (all the fault of @pjgh ), 10 GEM SE blades and a DR Harris Marlborough cologne sample from Connaught, a couple of big synth knots via AliExpress, a clutch of vintage shave stick tins which I really wanted for the Boots/Regesan and Pears branded ones. Probably a dent fettle and replate jobs but they were a good price seeing what some sellers want. And if anything else turns up and I don’t appear for a while, I’ve legged it before Matron takes the cheese grater to me bits!

In Memoriam Gairdner?

Schick injector razor, bought at Etsy

Just received

Pal 1.jpgPal 7.jpgPal 8.jpg

I've taken an interest in SE razors recently and thought I'd check out this Pal Injectomatic when I saw it. I think it's a beautiful looking razor in the gold and I'm really looking forward to trying it out. Few scrapes around the box but the razor and loading cartridge are immaculate. There are even some blades left in the cartridge which also look spotless.
Debating with myself whether to have a go with one of these blades ? ?

Back
Top Bottom