What are you waiting to arrive? September 2021

2x speick shaving stick. Now just to track down some Lea! Not putting much hope for some of the rarer discontinued shaving sticks

Said I wasn't going to buy anything for a while but the mum etc was wanting to buy something for my birthday next month but had ran out of ideas so I have been wanting to try a couple of soaps from master soap creations for a while Fernando has done me a deal on 10 sets of soap and splash and a couple of sets he hasn't released yet so will be looking forward to them arriving

2x speick shaving stick. Now just to track down some Lea! Not putting much hope for some of the rarer discontinued shaving sticks
Keep your eyes peeled for Vie-Long < that is the old LEA tallow formula. Oh, and Erasmic (tallow) stick is really nice but a very rare sight nowadays. Vintage Boots, if it's a kinda greenish colour (you'd be forgiven for thinking it was Palmolive), will be Albany ... and it's very nice! Lilac scented and mildly (very mild) menthol. Bag a blue Wilkinson Sword stick while you can ... it's no longer on their website, so guess it's now discontinued.

Happy hunting!

Not necessarily waiting on arrival (since I ordered today and it's an overnighter) is an open comb for my Hawk V3. I am waiting on another 1912, a clear lidded case with a green base - it's a British Ever-Ready and matches my Aussie GEM 'Peerless'. I do have this model in a red/clear case and another in a blue/clear case, so just filling the gaps in colour.

Keep your eyes peeled for Vie-Long < that is the old LEA tallow formula. Oh, and Erasmic (tallow) stick is really nice but a very rare sight nowadays. Vintage Boots, if it's a kinda greenish colour (you'd be forgiven for thinking it was Palmolive), will be Albany ... and it's very nice! Lilac scented and mildly (very mild) menthol. Bag a blue Wilkinson Sword stick while you can ... it's no longer on their website, so guess it's now discontinued.

Happy hunting!
Thanks Paul! I will do! I actually do have one Wilkinson sword blue stick as well as Palmolive one- will keep my eyes open for the other ones! Maybe one day they’ll cross my path haha !

Happy hunting!

Funny you should say that as 20 Years or so ago I was in the Boots contract manufacturing facility in Nottingham and around the line that was producing their own shave sticks , there were some pallets of Palmolive packaging, as far as I am aware they were never part of the same group however I know Nottingham used to do some overspill production for some of the brands (It stood out to me at the time as Colgate Palmolive were also a customer at the time but I couldn't ask the story as you had to be discrete around formulas product etc.) . So it wouldn't surprise me if the Palmolive formula influenced their own at the time. Happily or though no longer owned by Boots themselves the contract manufacturing still exists and operates in Nottingham.

I have just ordered a purple handled Schick type L to add to my black, white, championship, yellow, racquet, and stick shift type L's. Do I have a blue?

Said I wasn't going to buy anything for a while but the mum etc was wanting to buy something for my birthday next month but had ran out of ideas so I have been wanting to try a couple of soaps from master soap creations for a while Fernando has done me a deal on 10 sets of soap and splash and a couple of sets he hasn't released yet so will be looking forward to them arriving
@Daz McG Have you got the new ‘Night in the town’? I may have to bite the built and grab it from the razor company and put up with the extreme postage costs. It’s a Jean Paul Gautier Le Male homage which I love and was my first aftershave. I have a pinnacle soaps version which smells amazing but I react to, the first soap I’ve had an issue with, so I would love to get it. I’ve a few of his soaps for Yaqi and I’m very impressed, a definite new favourite artisan.

I’ve managed to some how get a Blackland Blackbird on the way, in another very generous trade on the other persons part! I’m ecstatic and as usual the people in this community are amazing. It’s a bit of a beast by all accounts but I’m beginning to find I prefer my solid razors to my adjustables, (the pearl being the exception), so am looking forward to try and tame the beast!

0E90062A-A993-4F30-88AC-B54FFF269A57.png
Saw a few reviews on YouTube and after trying their Yaqi soaps decided to grab the Night in the Town set, a Jean Paul Gautier Le Male homage which was one of my first aftershaves and saw me through my teens and twenties.
The customer service seems great so far answering every question I had quickly and in detail. They also let me know if anyone wanted to club together the shipping would be much more cost effective and would bring the costs down to next to nothing. The example they gave was
15sets will cost around 110pounds shipping and the actual 15 sets 220pounds
So with delivery about £22 each which is a big saving.

Hi Lee
Yeah it was Fernando that mentioned that he was about to release it that and chieftain i really like Le male myself so looking forward to it it should be here middle of next week

Hi Lee
Yeah it was Fernando that mentioned that he was about to release it that and chieftain i really like Le male myself so looking forward to it it should be here middle of next week
Yep I’ve been told it’ll take about 8 days to get here so fingers crossed I might see it for next weekend. Can’t wait. I need to have a look at what else he does now!

Back
Top Bottom