What are you waiting to arrive? September 2021

Sourced a Valet VC4 to go with the VC1/2/3 I bought recently:

s-l1600.jpg

I can't imagine you're going to regret that. And if you got it at a good price and didn't get on with it I'm sure it'll fetch at least what you paid in the BSTs.
lol you're probably right, it's more one of those that I was going to be semi-sensible and put them towards a replacement garage workbench but the magpie in me won out.

I've had their 28mm Beehive and found it too big for my liking. 24mm should be just right ... and on that Moka handle, just lovely. Enjoy! One to add to my list :D
Yep. I had a 28mm beehive from RazoRock was too big for my face, I don’t shave my head, so I sold it to another wet shaver for his head shave.

When I got an email from IB last night, I had to grab it straight away and the new 24mm Mokasoft Beehive is a real eye catching brush, I’m glad I’ve bought two, looking forward when this brush landed in OZ soon.

Last edited:
I must say I do like my yaqi moka express which I think is only 24mm. The Phantom Aerolite is 26mm and that's bordering on too big and floppy (oo er) but I do love it too. If I was a head shaver it would be my go to. It's a good one for those days when comfort comes first. I find myself reaching for the Moka most often, and I love the colour, which is quite similar to your beehive.

I must say I do like my yaqi moka express which I think is only 24mm. The Phantom Aerolite is 26mm and that's bordering on too big and floppy (oo er) but I do love it too. If I was a head shaver it would be my go to. It's a good one for those days when comfort comes first. I find myself reaching for the Moka most often, and I love the colour, which is quite similar to your beehive.
The new Mokasoft Beehive 24mm knot looks very similar and very close to a SynBad bulb synthetic knot from AP Shave Co. which is a High Density than the original Yaqi 24mm Moka Express.

Hopefully, should be here by tomorrow, a 'new-old-stock' Gillette tech, still with the original cellophane wrap, bakelite box seems in excellent condition, some original blades. I 'won' aka paid too much for it on e-bay. Probably because the bidding went mental in the last 4 minutes, doubling the final cost. If anyone else was bidding, sorry, but it just seemed too good to be true! I'm hoping I'm not regretting it when it arrives!

Serious question though, if it is completely unused as described, do I use it?

My dad reckons I should keep it as a collectible, but I bought it to use it because of the number of techs I've seen in SOTD and the comments about it's performance. So fellas, what's it to be?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210906-171851__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210906-171851__01.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom