What are you waiting to arrive? January 2022

4 days into this new Year (also happy year chaps too chaps) and there is no thread started for this?

Either you have forgotten or haven't ordered anything into this new year.

It's unacceptable, especially *certain* members of this congregation (affiliated with a particular emporium in particular), not only have your self down, but your friends, family, the Queen (for you Commonwealth associated members of this forum, for our USA forum brethren, you can look to Tom Hanks or something) , and most of all whichever youth sports team you once played for.

I've been out of the wet shaving game for a few months, had beard for the last 4 months or so, but it's pissing me off now, so I think it's time for a few new purchases to get me into the game. Not that I need them in the slightest bit, but it's January and I'm bored so it seems like a good idea.

Ok, onto my order, which are a few boar brushes from Yaqi.

First of all, this
H07a7489550cc4f80b567b0e910a69eb6K.jpg

And an interesting brush, which is an all black haired boar brush.
H838a6668f298462084a50299634ab359f.jpg

Both are about £6 each shipped each.

I'm quite intrigued by the black pig brush. Some seem to suggest the stray black hair in the usual 'blonde' style boar brush can be stiffer and scrubbier than the other bristles, whether this stands for an all black bristle boar knot is something I will find out over time. @TobyC have you ever had an all black boar knot?

4 days into this new Year (also happy year chaps too chaps) and there is no thread started for this?

Either you have forgotten or haven't ordered anything into this new year.

It's unacceptable, especially *certain* members of this congregation (affiliated with a particular emporium in particular), not only have your self down, but your friends, family, the Queen (for you Commonwealth associated members of this forum, for our USA forum brethren, you can look to Tom Hanks or something) , and most of all whichever youth sports team you once played for.

I've been out of the wet shaving game for a few months, had beard for the last 4 months or so, but it's pissing me off now, so I think it's time for a few new purchases to get me into the game. Not that I need them in the slightest bit, but it's January and I'm bored so it seems like a good idea.

Ok, onto my order, which are a few boar brushes from Yaqi.

First of all, this
H07a7489550cc4f80b567b0e910a69eb6K.jpg

And an interesting brush, which is an all black haired boar brush.
H838a6668f298462084a50299634ab359f.jpg

Both are about £6 each shipped each.

I'm quite intrigued by the black pig brush. Some seem to suggest the stray black hair in the usual 'blonde' style boar brush can be stiffer and scrubbier than the other bristles, whether this stands for an all black bristle boar knot is something I will find out over time. @TobyC have you ever had an all black boar knot?
I'm selling things this year chap, not buying them :cool:

Waiting for two lothur soaps, juice and tears.
Another Yaqi brush, I’ve not tried a cashmere knot before and it was a £5 today in their flash sale so was rude not to.
Annoyingly I’m a dispute with them over the green aftershave they’ve failed to send and swapped to their sister store Missraybeautyproducts. Both haven’t sent me the aftershave and they have offered me the cash back but I want the splash! More annoyingly the sister store tried to lie and tell me they couldn’t send aftershaves to the UK. When I know people here have had them sent, I have had them sent and in transit, and past customs as I type due tomorrow for other scents! I’ve about 2 more soaps and splashes on route and a razor which the wife has threatened to intercept and bin 22B975B4-2BA3-4E26-A2C0-C0DD6C7A71CA.png

I haven't ordered anything for over a year (maybe a few blades). I've kept off this forum for that reason. I come back to see what's going on, then order myself a Razorock HD handle and Stirling sharp dressed man shave soap sample. Still showing great restraint though.
View attachment 83078
yes you are showing great restraint. I would sell the purchase of soap and a handle as "consumables" to my lady, hence justified spending

Back
Top Bottom