What are you waiting to arrive? December 2021

We roll on into another month, and this time I'm waiting for something I've been thinking about for a while. A metal shaving bowl.
More than that, a Captain's Choice standard weight copper lather bowl.

I thought I'd save Santa Claus the trouble of bringing it to me later in the month.
So tempted but I’m hoping they get the Obsidian black version soon as It looks fantastic with the blackened finish.

So tempted but I’m hoping they get the Obsidian black version soon as It looks fantastic with the blackened finish.
I'm a little off blackened copper, ever since Her Indoors tried a bit of blacking on my best copper omelette pan. Heat, oil, flames and forgetfulness did the trick there. The Obsidian bowl does look nice, though.

Brilliant Blades

Hopefully I'll be sharing that opinion Mike.
I’ve had my fair share of trial & error with different blades over the years and I’ve got to a point now that I have a short list which really work well for me so for the most part I don’t look out for new blades much but these Gillette Super Blue and the Treet King sparked the FOMO.

Hopefully I'll be sharing that opinion Mike.
I’ve had my fair share of trial & error with different blades over the years and I’ve got to a point now that I have a short list which really work well for me so for the most part I don’t look out for new blades much but these Gillette Super Blue and the Treet King sparked the FOMO.
fingers crossed mate.
i just basically buy anything blade wise.
Like you i know what i like but it’s always nice to get a we surprise.
I bought around 5-6 different Treats Last month and so far so good
i think iv used 4 so far and i rate all 4 so definitely be buying again.
Good Luck with the Blues i’ll look forward to your sotd

You've reminded me that I am expecting the delivery today of a new Vulfix No. 10 mixed badger and boar brush.
It arrived today but I‘m pretty sure it’s a V4, the V is clearly visible but not the number. Unfortunately it’s a shedder so I‘ll have to Re-knot it. It’s pure badger but feels extremely soft.

The uncoated reference was really just in relation to those blades which are sold as platinum,teflon, chrome, etc. but I appreciate your feedback @Bogeyman.

ALL modern stainless DE blades are PTFE coated. The only blade I know of still made that has no PTFE coating is the Treet "Black Beauty" and it's carbon steel. Any elements or alloys listed, e.g., Platinum, Chromium, etc., are merely sputtered onto the blade edge to harden it. The PTFE coating is what imparts the smoothness. ;)

Back
Top Bottom