What are you waiting on to arrive? June 2021

I swear, past a certain point in the evening they should really institute a requirement to solve some form of quadratic equation before you're allowed to hit buy....
Screenshot_20210613-001216_Gmail.jpg

The only one I've wanted in this list for a while is the cognac & cuban, I blame it on the 2 bottles of syrah myself and the wife (well ok mainly myself) went through!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Just Pressed the Button on this Brand New Baciami Subito ML Fontani Straight Razor ..The Seller Said..Its a Special Made to Order on Request Custom Handmade Job..They have Excellent Reviews these Razors..Got this for a Good Price..Its a Unique Peace.1/4 hollow..Its Eye Candle for Sure..Check Out that Lovely Spire..
:D

All Wet..Thinkin About this Beautiful Fair Lady Arriving..
:rofl:

Billy..
:chores016:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Just Pressed the Button on this Brand New Baciami Subito ML Fontani Straight Razor ..The Seller Said..Its a Special Made to Order on Request Custom Handmade Job..They have Excellent Reviews these Razors..Got this for a Good Price..Its a Unique Peace.1/4 hollow..Its Eye Candle for Sure..Check Out that Lovely Spire..
:D

All Wet..Thinkin About this Beautiful Fair Lady Arriving..
:rofl:

Billy..
:chores016:
I know I keep saying it , but that is a beautiful razor Billy !

Thanks for the info Russ.

Again sorry for the stupid question, but what is the advantage of using a piece of rock to sharpen a blade than a strop? Can you get other rocks a bit like that for sharpening kitchen knives?
So stropping just maintains the blade , eventually it will need to be honed and that is where the stones come in. There are many types of stones so for instance there are synthetic stones where you have stones of different coarseness and work you way from course to fine.

The Japanese style uses one fine base stone like the one i just bought , and then use a series of small stones of varying grits to create a slurry (paste) on the base stone again working from course to fine.

So stropping just maintains the blade , eventually it will need to be honed and that is where the stones come in. There are many types of stones so for instance there are synthetic stones where you have stones of different coarseness and work you way from course to fine.

The Japanese style uses one fine base stone like the one i just bought , and then use a series of small stones of varying grits to create a slurry (paste) on the base stone again working from course to fine.
Thanks for the info Russ.

Crikey that seems like a lot of work! Those straight razors are beautiful though.

Back
Top Bottom