What are you listening to?

What are you inputting from? Computer? I see you've a Mac, so chances are you already know that the headphone socket on the Mac (many of them, at least) can double as an optical SPDIF output for input into your DAC there. Maybe that's the obscured connection over on the right of the picture, just chopped off.
I stream Qobuz over Roon with a MacMini as Roon Core. I have Chord Hugo 2 and Chord2Go as Roon link into various headphones - in image its Sennheiser HD800s.

See, we should have never gone digital in the first place! It's a shame Y2K was a failure,... maybe a CME from the sun will save us. :unsure:
That's why I've invested deeply in vinyl and associated gear. I will be able to play my copy of Three Minute Hero in glorious stereo when the 3 Minute warning comes and the EMP nixes everyone's solid state digital setup, my valves and needles will provide the perfect soundtrack to (the last moments of) my life!

Although not if said CME knocks out the mains power. Not sure me battery and inverter will power the class A valve amps for long, never mind power the turntable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom