What are you listening to?

Last one for tonight, and as I've mentioned elsewhere, a difficult listen for me...

643B0C5E-A0FB-43A0-A75F-D16647C7AD8C.jpeg
Another thing that upset me, I have the clear vinyl version of this too. It was delivered on the day David's death was announced. The very same day people, who had had to pre-order the album to get it on the day of release, and so were presumably fans (?) were flipping their copies for upto £1k. Twats. It immediately made my clear copy too valuable to play (I know, I shouldn't really give a shit about it, but...) so I had to buy a black vinyl copy too, I was very lucky, I found one in a record shop a few days later for the regular price, but at that point even black vinyl copies were going for hundreds of pounds online.

Thankfully, by the the time I actually felt able to listen to the album it had all calmed down and the black vinyl was at a sane enough value that I was happy to risk playing it.

Last one for tonight, and as I've mentioned elsewhere, a difficult listen for me...

View attachment 63099
Another thing that upset me, I have the clear vinyl version of this too. It was delivered on the day David's death was announced. The very same day people, who had had to pre-order the album to get it on the day of release, and so were presumably fans (?) were flipping their copies for upto £1k. Twats. It immediately made my clear copy too valuable to play (I know, I shouldn't really give a shit about it, but...) so I had to buy a black vinyl copy too, I was very lucky, I found one in a record shop a few days later for the regular price, but at that point even black vinyl copies were going for hundreds of pounds online.

Thankfully, by the the time I actually felt able to listen to the album it had all calmed down and the black vinyl was at a sane enough value that I was happy to risk playing it.
I brought the black vinyl LP, never been played, haven't got a record player! Brought the CD as well though!
As you say, a difficult listen even today.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom