What are you listening to?

They are a band that I have liked for years. I loved Song For Whoever back in 1989, then A Little Time the year after. I bought the CD singles of both of these. My other favourite was Rotterdam, which came in the mid 1990s. IIRC, that single was taken from their Blue Is The Colour album, which I also bought. They were one of my favourite groups of that era.

Oh wow , where was that ?
Sorry - just seen this - Glasgow Carling/02 Academy - La Radiolina tour. Unbelievably good - there were dozens of them on stage. The majority of the audience were Spanish. We got an 'upgrade' because we noticed the band smoking outside the venue - my partner smokes Spanish cigarettes and went and shared her pack of Fortuna with them - friends for ever! It also helped that we have regularly ended up the worse for wear in a Madrid bar that is run by Manu Chao's dad. It's in Lavapies barrio - it features in one of their videos. I never dance - people on fire move better than me - but I did that night.

saludos - I.

Pretty much the band we saw. the bass player that looks like your dad - the unbelievably gorgeous guitarist. Buenos. - saludos - I.

@Adamantite
That's a great story about meeting the band . Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

I've been following them for a few years now and without a doubt they look pretty impressive of what I've seen in concert.

The guitarist Madjid Fahem in my opinion is one of the best.

Thanks for sharing Digi

I've posted this before - but, I think it's worth seeing again. Lockdown B&S - most of it was filmed around my barrio - cheers - I.
I remember your post. Excellent stuff!

Been a fan of B&S for 20+ years, one of the best bands I have seen live. The Model is one of my favourite songs period.

Plus, I adore this song:

Last edited:
Eva Cassidy - Over The Rainbow

This is a very old song. IIRC, it was originally done by Judy Garland. I love Eva Cassidy's version, though. I sometimes listen to it if I have had a hard day and it always relaxes me. Although she recorded quite a few cover versions, all of them are worth checking out. I doubt that I will ever tire of hearing her voice.

Back
Top Bottom