What are you eating tonight?

Was in a rush tonight after 4 nightmare days at work, I didn't have much in, or much time to eat, so I literally just grilled up a brace of chicken thighs with a sprinkle of herb salt and just munched them caveman style. Didn't even have any bread to make a sarnie out of them! Dinner fail. Not exactly a balanced meal but quite nice in a basic way.

We just pigged out on a Chinese delivery.
BBQ Spare Ribs, Sweet and Sour King Prawns Cantonese style, Sweet and Sour Pork Cantonese style, Chinese King Prawn Curry. Well it appears her Vegan fad is over.

Last edited:
Frankfurters with Ketchup to annoy Harry Callaghan.

View attachment 74296
"Nah this stuff aint getting to me, the shootings the knifings the beatings old ladies being bashed in the head for their social security checks.......... Nah that doesnt bother me , but you do know what does bother me ? You know what really makes me sick to my stomach? Its watching you stuff your face with them hotdogs. Nobody, and i mean nobody puts ketchup on a hotdog.

Chicken in bacon. No pictures - it's all been scoffed - just a recipe. It's quite easy to make.

* Switch on the oven. 180C.

* We're going to wrap chicken breasts in bacon. Or rather prosciutto: the bacon of the gods. According to the internets it's normally eaten uncooked but if you fry it it turns into the tastiest, bacony-est, bacon you ever ate in your life. Seriously: ordinary bacon has as much flavour as cardboard compared to this. And prosciutto doesn't ooze weird white slime when you cook it.

Anyway, look at the prosciutto. Look at the chicken. Then look at me. Then back to the bacon. Look at the chicken one final time. If you have huge breasts you might want to trim them down a bit so a prosciutto slice can wrap right around them.

* Cover the chicken breasts in flour then into the fry pan with some oil. Really blast them on max heat: at this point we're not trying to cook them just brown them up to a golden brown colour.

* Meanwhile lay some prosciutto out flat ready to wrap the breasts. Two slices per breast.

* Lay the breasts on the bacon. Twist of black pepper. Sprinkle of mixed herbs. Some thin slices of cheese. Then wrap them up in the bacon. This is an Italian recipe (Petti di Pollo alla Bolognese) so some slices of parmesan would be a good choice. Cheddar is fine too.

* The oven should have got up to temperature by now. Ten minutes and they're done. If you don't have a timer, a leisurely single-pass shave while they're cooking should be about right.

Chicken breasts can easily get dry and tough when they're overcooked. These should come out the oven moist, juicy and tender.

Living the dream - Beef Pasty. In hindsight I should have popped some beans in the microwave. As a child, we would open a tin of Jersey New Royals...

20211002_204124.jpg

This was going to be grilled lamb and boiled la ratte potatoes yesterday, but I didn't get around to it. So it became a spur of the moment Sunday roast.

20211003_202451.jpg

Back
Top Bottom