What are you drinking tonight.

Ah it's not a bad drop the old Chivas, one of the better blends. Remember an old mate of my mums coming round to see her, last time I saw this fella i was at primary school. Mum got it out and Alan and I sat there and drank the lot. Mum's face next day...

Ah it's not a bad drop the old Chivas, one of the better blends. Remember an old mate of my mums coming round to see her, last time I saw this fella i was at primary school. Mum got it out and Alan and I sat there and drank the lot. Mum's face next day...

It's the first time I have tried it. It has a 2011 date on it. I just left it in the cupboard because I thought it would be crap. Turns out it is great and £20 for a bottle (bear in mind we have the jock tax) is quite good. Although with the tax a few single malts are quite close in cost.

I said to my friend last night, you cannot go wrong with a pint of Landlord, he wasn't convinced, being more of a stout drinker (which I also like) but I've never had a bad pint of Landlord and would almost always have it if it's on. That or London Pride, they're my 2 constant safe bets. It's as well I can't see it from my window!

My 3 'local' breweries are Windsor & Eton, Rebellion in Marlow or Fuller's. If I am London side most of the pubs in West London are (or sell) Fuller's and its only travelled 2 miles. WE can be had in my local but I prefer to go to the brewery tap room when they have open days. Rebellion do some great ales and have ace open days for 'friends' (kind of a paid for loyalty club that involves BBQ and 'free' beer.) Roasted Nuts is a rich and warning one for late summer to spring.

Last edited:
brothers_toffee_apple_english_cider_500ml_82949_t1-jpg.87602

Had a couple of these the other night to try them. They were not kidding about the toffee flavour.
100% tasted of toffee and very nice. Only 4% but I had a few Henry Westons cider at 7.3% to make up for it.(y)

Attachments

• brothers_toffee_apple_english_cider_500ml_82949_T1.jpg
    brothers_toffee_apple_english_cider_500ml_82949_T1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom