What are you drinking tonight.

Huge mixed case from Dry Drinker arrived yesterday, so today I've been enjoying Leffe Blonde and Super Bock, both zero alcohol. Both very good indeed. I did used to drink (a lot!!!) and so know Leffe Blonde well, and I am very happy to say the zero version is VERY good indeed! All the taste (yes, that syrupiness is absolutely there), no weird backwash as many zero drinks (certainly the older types) have and none of the sluggishness and dehydration, particularly welcome in this weather we're enduring at the moment. Super Bock hits the same sort of places that Guinness Original used to do for me.

Fair dos mate, I'm having a mare at work too, and after 12h days there's not much chance to wind down before bed. Yesterday I cracked open a cold bottle of pinot grigio, with a splash of fizzy water on account of it being so hot. Somehow drank the whole bottle, which was nice at the time, but if I'd known how today was going to turn out I might not have done. Flipping relentless at the moment and 30°C isn't helping!

Took a punt last week, on this from Aldi on special for £12.99. A single grain, matured in oak casks previously used to hold craft ale.
713022493973800-A.jpg

Very impressed. Complex flavours, smooth and quite moreish.
Bought another today.

Back
Top Bottom