What are you drinking tonight.

Nice little snifter of Carlos 1, a lovely Jerez XO Brandy I fell in love with over 20 years ago. Subtle vanilla note underlining it. Thanks to youngest daughter for remembering and getting me a bottle for Chrimbo

Bottle of Ruby Rooster.

This weekend I've been on Wintercamp, with my Scouts to Gilwell. Gilwell being the Scouting HQ. Loads of activities for the young people. Bit of a trip at over five hours each way but well worth it. Only downside the mud !

My decamp routine it a shower and shave, followed by a beer. The beer sits in the fridge ready for my return.

Bloody lovely !

Still haven't broken "Dry January" yet. It has at least got me started back on the smoothies. Currently glugging: whole beetroot, stick of celery, curly kale, fennel, root ginger, apple, orange, frozen banana, frozen berries (bought cheap when marked-down!), carrot, couple of frozen brussels sprouts, rolled oats, mixed seeds, scoop of chocolate protein powder, ice and cold water blitzed in a liquidizer for ~30 seconds. Somewhat surprisingly, it tastes damn good.

Mums birthday so she has come over for dinner. I've a belly full of roast leg of lamb. Lamb being my favourite, I must admit though I have pigged out though. Washed down with a Christmas ale, 50p ( yes 50p ). Very nice too. Raspberry roulade next then it's a G & T .