Wet behind the ears 'wet shaver'.

Hi,

I've been lurking about for a couple of months picking up tips on wet shaving and decided to take the plunge and register. I have totally ditched the multi blades and am experimenting with different razors, soaps etc. At the moment I have a Edwin Jagger 3 piece razor and am trying Arko shave stick. I love them both. I also have a Wilkinsons Sword plastic 3 piece which I don't really like.

Anyone else have an opinion on the Jagger razors.

I was looking on e-bay and liked the sound of the Weishi.

Hi Parwin, welcome to TSR!. I use an Edwin Jagger EJ89 and am definitely not alone in rating it highly so I expect you feel the same. If you are still new to this then it might be worth sticking to one razor for a little while, especially if you are trying different blades of soaps. Let us know how you get on. :D

Welcome.

I don't have an Edwin Jagger razor (or a Weishi), but my reading of the posts here is that there will be far more love for the EJ than the Weishi here... Not out of snobbishness, rather that it will work more reliably and for longer than the Weishi.

The Weishi are typically "knock offs" (or clones if you prefer) of the 1950s/60s Gillette Superspeed (US) or Rocket (British) - for a few bob more than the Weishi you could have the real thing...

Hello! . I have an Edwin Jagger EJ86 and its really good. I've never tried a weishi but never heard any creditable good reports about them , so probably won't ever bother.

Damian

Welcome!

I had a Weishi, which ended up being pifed to another member here, saying it's "mild" is an understatement, I couldn't get a nice shave out of it.
If you want that sort of price, find yourself a vintage rocket or SS, they're good reliable and cheap.

Stick with the EJ for the moment, and when you need to scratch the itch, have a look on BST, there are some good deals to be had.

Cheers,

Max

Greetings Parwin, & welcome to the Room.

I have the EJ89L, but the head is being used on my custom razor handle. Great bit of engineering & craftsmanship, and makes great shaves happen.

As others have mentioned, it is probably best to stick with one set-up to start with until your technique is well developed. ... and then it's generally best to change one new thing at a time, so you can isolate what works, and what doesn't, more readily.

Have a great time while you're here.

Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.

I have considered a vintage razor but I worry about how I would sterilise it.
As I said I have discovered the pleasure in shaving and like the razor I am using. I think I may try out some different blades before I change razors.

Its funny how this 'thing' grabs you. I have to resist the urge to shave more than once a day. Is this a common experience? Lol

Parwin said:
Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.

I have considered a vintage razor but I worry about how I would sterilise it.
As I said I have discovered the pleasure in shaving and like the razor I am using. I think I may try out some different blades before I change razors.

Its funny how this 'thing' grabs you. I have to resist the urge to shave more than once a day. Is this a common experience? Lol
There are many topics on cleaning razors, and honestly, it's easy and safe.
Boil in hot water with a bit of vinegar, otherwise get some barbicide.
As I've said everywhere, you'r more likely to get an infection of the razor once you've used and left it on your bathroom sink for less than 48h (hot & humid environment)
After 48h in a hostile environment (cold and dry, i.e. the sorting office at the post)most harmfull things are dead anyway. Your imune system deals with the rest.

Cheers,

Max

Back
Top Bottom