We're doomed.

These cows are small, them cows are very far away. :ROFLMAO:
We could have dedicated a full thread just for catchphrases from father ted,
But that would be an ecumenical matter.

Father Dougal: I read an article about priest's socks, that priest's socks are blacker than any other socks.

Father Ted: That's right. Sometimes you see lay people wearing apparently black socks, but if you look closely, they are really very, very, very very dark blue.

Father Dougal: That's true. I thought my Uncle Tommy was wearing black socks but when i look at them closely, they were just very, very, very, very, very, very dark blue.

Father Ted: Never buy black socks in a normal shop. They will shaft you everytime.

Father Dougal: I read an article about priest's socks, that priest's socks are blacker than any other socks.

Father Ted: That's right. Sometimes you see lay people wearing apparently black socks, but if you look closely, they are really very, very, very very dark blue.

Father Dougal: That's true. I thought my Uncle Tommy was wearing black socks but when i look at them closely, they were just very, very, very, very, very, very dark blue.

Father Ted: Never buy black socks in a normal shop. They will shaft you everytime.

M10w31w.jpg

You're in for a treat, I wish I could watch it for the first time again.

One of the few programmes that survives multiple viewings and still manages to be funny.

I saw a programme about Father Ted revisiting some of the cast and it's legacy 20 years (or more) down the line, and there was one anecdote that really stayed with me.

The actor that played Bishop Len still had not seen the episode 'Kicking Bishop Len Brennan up the Ar*e', he mentioned it was the last episode they filmed and the actor who played Father Ted died shortly after filming. In addition to the grief of losing his friend was still there many years down the line, as an actor possibly one of his greatest achievements (that episode really has so many moments) which had brought nothing but pleasure to millions, he is (or was) unable to see for the grief for his friend.

It's back on telly now, can't remember channel but I have it on series record.
Just watched the racist one the other night.
Just had a wee search more at 3.20 this morning.
Got pat (he wants to put his massive tool in my box) mustard,
and the mainland. (Go on ted he will think it is hilarious. I don't believe it)
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
It's back on telly now, can't remember channel but I have it on series record.
Just watched the racist one the other night.
Just had a wee search more at 3.20 this morning.
Got pat (he wants to put his massive tool in my box) mustard,
and the mainland. (Go on ted he will think it is hilarious. I don't believe it)
:ROFLMAO:

Two pints.

Two pints of milk.

Back
Top Bottom