Well, I'll Be!!

This is so incredible as to be credible!! This from another forum:

Yes, Japanese Schick Injectors and Proline are made in USA, says so on the package. You can go to this Amazon Japan link, go to third pic. Says ‘made in USA’ in top right corner. You can use Google Translate Phone app in Camera mode to translate it yourself...

Holy Guacamole!! o_O

I knew the Schick Twin blades were, but not these other two!! I assumed the former were made in China as we all believed and were told.

Here's the Amazon Japan link:

It goes to say that it looks like Personna/Edgewell does a different cutout on the Proline blades perhaps to satisfy some Japanese quirk or deal. :unsure:

No wonder I said the Schick injector blades shaved 95% as good as the Proline B-20. The other 5% it appears was wishful thinking.

This is so incredible as to be credible!! This from another forum:

Holy Guacamole!! o_O

I knew the Schick Twin blades were, but not these other two!! I assumed the former were made in China as we all believed and were told.

Here's the Amazon Japan link:

It goes to say that it looks like Personna/Edgewell does a different cutout on the Proline blades perhaps to satisfy some Japanese quirk or deal. :unsure:

No wonder I said the Schick injector blades shaved 95% as good as the Proline B-20. The other 5% it appears was wishful thinking.
imagine Japan doing all its manufacturing in a third world country like America :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
What ever next

imagine Japan doing all its manufacturing in a third world country like America :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
What ever next

cwl1C5a.jpg

I highly doubt it.

Why is that, Vates? :unsure:

FWIW, I did a SxS test today with my trusty Schick G1 injector, the first injector razor I ever owned. I used/sacrificed a new Personna Hair Shaper (Coated Comfort) blade on one side and then I loaded a new "Chick" blade into said razor for the other side. Now I ain't ever gonna work for NASA, but these are not the same blade. The "Chick" is smoother. Hands down. Now I may have overread what the linked author stated, but I would bet good money these two aforementioned blades are not the same. So, it says on the back of the "Chick" packaging Made in China. That just muddies the water moreso IMO. Does Personna/Edgewell actually have a factory in China or do they contract with some co. there to make these to their specs? I tried some Chinese Schick DE blades a few years back and still have a few left. They were awful!!

That said, if the Proline box states (translated) Made in USA, but they actually shave at minimum as good as the Chinese made "Chick" blades then why is Personna/Edgewell making blades in China at all? o_O :unsure:

At this point if someone told me that the Chairman of Personna/Edgewell was Keyser Söze I'd be inclined to believe it!!

Cgr0kvd.gif

Comparing Japanese Prolines and American Personna injector blades. The way these blades are made, it's very different. Although the same blade may be finished differently at the same factory, they way they are cut shall be the same. Otherwise they would have to have two separate lines side by side. And I highly doubt AccuTec may currently afford such a luxury.

Back
Top Bottom