Well Helloooo Again....

Definitely must get my bike fixed up then. New tyres, a bit of tweaking, oiling and a bit spit and polish should do it. You always here how walking is the best exercise but I'll be incorporating more cycling instead.

Ta muckle.

Hello Graeme. Good to see you again.

Carl!!! Bloody to good to read your words, mate. I remember you wishing me a happy birthday via Google +1 Circles or something like that. Sorry for not getting back in touch with you and thanks for thinking of me at the time.

Hope work is treating you well and the Mrs and lad are both fine.

All the very best, my very good sir!

Wow Graeme, sounds like you're making great progress with your exercise and weight loss, you could easily out press up and sit up me. Great work mate.
I had forgotten how friendly this forum was as I haven't been around much lately, feels like I've just found my favourite comfy slippers.

TP, how could I have forgotten you? Bought my first DE razor from you back in August 2012. You're a straight man these days, eh? Not that you were ever bent in the first place, of course..... Thanks for the welcome mate.

Cheers to you Gary, I look forward to seeing more of your restorations and shave combinations. You were always kind to me sir and I won't forget it.

Cheers Steve, I need the upper body strength to lift my wee girl - one of the youngest in her class but taller than all the boys and well built. She's like a throwback to my Granny Fraser who was stronger than most men, had the most intimidating aura and was the ideal candidate for chucking out time at your average working men's club. Aw shite, it's Peg, ah'm aff hame! I reckon the ex and I might just have bred a future Scotland Women's Rugby left prop forward! It helps round the garden with landscaping tasks too. My neighbour had a whole load of hardcore type 1 and sharp sand delivered so I offered to lend a hand. Now Des is just over fifty but a fitter guy I've never known - he still runs and cycles competitively. A 10 mile run is a gentle training exercise to him and it ain't jogging 'cos these buggers get offended if you call 'em joggers. Anyhoo he was surprised that I could take two full tubtrugs of sand to his one smaller trug but then I asked him how far he thought I could run. End of the road mate just as far as yon ambulance was his humorous response!

MattyB with one of my favourite avatars on this hallowed turf. Good to hear from you, chief. Still got that Chubby two band super?

Need to go back to my Ingram Avatar but I'm keeping Compo's quote in my sig line.

Last edited:

Hi Graeme you have given me some ideas to work with. Walking/running are a major problem for me due to back injury but a lot of the rest may be a possibility also swimming/aquarobics has been suggested. Something has to be done for my benefit but as you say small things .........

John, you nutcase! You aye had a grand sense of humour so I look forward to more of your banter!

Steve of the skin, swimming is great and there ain't no need to go too daft. If you are doing things round the house, trying doing the odd thing with a bit more vigour, If you have stairs, walk up and down them a bit more than you normally would. Another thing is washing your hands. Seriously, anytime you have to do it do it really vigourously till your arms ache. As long as the skin on your hands is reasonably tough it should take it. Polishing shoes is another one - give it the vigour treatment when rubbing in the polish and when brushing off/shining. Give it a week or two of cutting down on the eating and add in some of these little things and ou will start to feel better. Eighteen months ago, I'd be breathless walking 500 yds round the block and my gardening was done in fits and starts with more tea breaks than actual work. Yesterday evening, I walked nearly 4 miles and at a good pace too. Felt fine afterwards and I'd been doing some major tree pruning at a neighbour's earlier in the day. I'm now signing off to go to my press-ups, etc. Stick in, fella.

Well my doctor tells me I'm only a grade "B" nutcase these days Graeme, for what ever that grading is to represent, one can only assume that an "A" would be more dangerous got to have something to aspire to He He

Aspiration, inspiration and elevation but not constipation. Work that one out with a pencil.....

Done me exercises and now sweatily expiring in a corner. As the Vinnster would say - job jobbed!