Weather Apps

Apps are all very well for a couple of days out, but, as they are a graphical representation of a single model without much, if any, human input, they represent one possible solution and should not be taken literally beyond around 48-60 hours. It would appear that you can view a variety of models in the app linked, which makes it more useful as you can compare different outputs to find consensus.

I'm after an acurate app for my Android phone. I have the BBC and Met Office apps, and have noticed that they differ in their forecasts. Just assumed that these organisations would be using similar technology. Is one more accurate than the other?

They will use different providers, eg. Foreca or Dark Sky or AccuWeather.
I use WEAWOW, which I've found to be very accurate and lets you access different providers to best suit your location. And it's free!
(I'm in the Greater Glasgow area and Dark Sky works for me).

I'm after an acurate app for my Android phone. I have the BBC and Met Office apps, and have noticed that they differ in their forecasts. Just assumed that these organisations would be using similar technology. Is one more accurate than the other?
I use AccuWeather on my android, good for three days ahead and can give you hour by hour.

Paul.

I had Accuweatheron my phone a few years back, as a gardener it was perfect, if it said it was going to rain in ten minutes it would rain in ten minutes. Apps no longer work in my phone now as it is a Samsung s3 and nine years old so no longer updated or supported.

part time flying instructor so pretty much weather obsessed for obvious reasons. We tend to use the met office both joe public version and aviation briefings (available to anyone but can be double Dutch at times) and windy which gives us up to date radar. I use AeroWeather too which gives up to date current weather, again aviation focused but they are less than an hour old and give very accurate information at official weather stations so there will be one near to where you live - my nearest is Wittering

Back
Top Bottom