Watch Experts

What are your views on the D1 Milano brand? I appreciate they are not at the high end of the market but I’m thinking of getting one of the Skeletons to wear with a long sleeve and something smaller to wear with a short sleeve. Any concerns with the Seiko movement? I look forward to seeing what you think.

Di Milano seem to be well regarded in terms of build quality. I dont think you would have any real issues with any Seiko mechanical movement as they are generally reliable and many of the parts will be common to other Seiko movements so plenty of servicing and spares availability.

The D1 Milanos are very nice looking watches imo.

Di Milano seem to be well regarded in terms of build quality. I dont think you would have any real issues with any Seiko mechanical movement as they are generally reliable and many of the parts will be common to other Seiko movements so plenty of servicing and spares availability.

The D1 Milanos are very nice looking watches imo.
Thank you, I appreciate your reply.

The skeleton version seem to be around £600? For that kind of money I'd be looking at Squale 1545, but that's me.

Most of the Di Milano designs seem to be trying to imitate AP Royal Oak to some extent, nothing wrong with that... It's a very popular style but any microbrand with a basic Seiko movement isn't worth any more than £300 IMO. For the price Milano are asking you get a legendary Swiss made ETA2824-2 movement from Squale which until recently was used by the likes of Tudor, Sinn and Tag Heuer (still is used by Sinn and Tag actually.)

If you really want a skeleton, Bulova do some... Worth a look.

What are your views on the D1 Milano brand? I appreciate they are not at the high end of the market but I’m thinking of getting one of the Skeletons to wear with a long sleeve and something smaller to wear with a short sleeve. Any concerns with the Seiko movement? I look forward to seeing what you think.

I love the look of their 'Shadow' watch, lovely!
Could this be a new way to spend my money!!! :)

Paul.

This is one of my favourite looking watches,
some love them some hate them.
All mechanical & all moving parts on Display
It’s called a Christopher Ward,
not many people heard of him
Edit
It’s a bit pricey at £7,500 ish but unique
IMG_0235.png

This is one of my favourite looking watches,
some love them some hate them.
All mechanical & all moving parts on Display
It’s called a Christopher Ward,
not many people heard of him
Edit
It’s a bit pricey at £7,500 ish but unique
View attachment 103986
I have been looking at CW too. I’ve heard good and bad things about CW Mike. Watches look nice but apparently customer service is awful.

I have been looking at CW too. I’ve heard good and bad things about CW Mike. Watches look nice but apparently customer service is awful.
A friend of mine bought one,
not that model & hasn’t had any issues although he told me he had heard similar.
If i didn’t have a few watches i would definitely get one,
There’s an old Jeweller in Edinburgh top of holyrood road you might know it,
the guys fantastic but it’s a hit & miss whether he opens these days,
Iv taken most of my watches for him to service.
expect the expensive ones,
Not because i don’t trust him but obviously sending them back to Switzerland gives you another 2 years warranty on some brands

Back
Top Bottom