Watch brands please

Hello

I know a few people here are into watches, Im more of a £5 digital casio kind of guy usially, so hopefully you can help.

I saw a watch ages ago in some mens health mag or something like that at work and there was a British watch company being advertised. Now I can not for the life of me remember the name or find it.
Anybody have any suggestions?

It was under £200
Im after a classic sort of watch (if that makes sense, probably not)
Simple face, numbers, not digital
Leather strap, probably brown
Not fussed if its quartz or others...

I saw a brand Daniel Wellington, some were nice but I prefer one without a massive DW on it.

Not a great discription, soz guys.
Brand suggestions would help if its that bad ha.

I would like a white or black faced Trident C65 Classic and a Malvern C5 MKII Automatic in gold with black strap. Gorgeous watches!

However, I love the Seiko, Citizen and Orient watches I currently own and consider myself lucky to have them rather than looking wistfully at those above which cannot afford. No more what ifs here.....

Some nice watches Seiko and the much over looked Orient. Orient being part of Seiko. I've two Seiko and two Orient in a rough rotation. Of course the best place for these beauties being Creation Watches. I've a hankering for a Hamilton.

Larrson & Jennings, up and coming uk company. One of their classics in gold/ brown strap is on my chrimbo list

Wow.

Have not worn a watch for years but these watches make me want to start again. They look fantastic, just my thing

I am not into anything too flashy so these fir the bill. I could easily by 4/5 of them

Cheers for all of the help. I've not heard of most of these so I will go an have a look and let you guys know.

Smiths Everest (through Time Factors) is a nice looking watch. Rolex Explorer...ish.

I do like that one Vinny but top of the list from Timefactors would be their PRS-3 with black dial and stainless band. The Everest next followed by the more affordable and highly tempting PRS-18 quartz with 5 jewel Swiss Ronda movement and 10 year battery life.

Just my two cents. I am a fanatic for quartz accuracy (refuse to own an automatic for the same reason I don't ride a horse daily or crap in an outdoor privy). Anyway, I have two day/date analog Swatch watches that are uncannily accurate. One newer one runs at 3 - 4 secs. fast in a month and the other closer to 1 or 2 secs. The latter was 'resuscitated' after four yrs. by a local foreign watch repairman who works on Rolexes. He kept it a week and tweaked it. I'd have to buy a 2 grand + Citizen or Seiko to get comparable accuracy.

No one ever needs THAT degree of accuracy, unless you're planning bombing missons, or launching a rocket into space.

My Swiss-made automatic watch hasn't needed adjusting in the 6 months I've had it and I've not been late for anything important.

Some of us just have a fondness for accuracy.

Never gave an answer to a watch, Ive been away with work and still am. Cheers for your help, Ive given the wife a couple of options for Christmas.