Warning to other newbies

It gets worse,

I spent £70 on a new bathroom chest of draws thing this weekend. Loads of new shaving storage, and Mrs Pirate probably won't notice new razors and soaps as they arrive now. :?

Sod it, she has her shoe and Vivianne Westwood habits.

Im very new to all this but after spending some time looking on ebay and various shaving sites last night, I am having to stop myself running before I can walk! :mrgreen:

I think once I complete a decent shave no niks, I will reward myself with an item from my freshly written want list...

Merkur 11c
Gillette fatboy
Gillette superspeed
Parker 89r
Birth year - to be researched

Then theres the soaps/creams, blades and brushes..... :shock:

The above list is by no means exhaustive! :lol:

Initially drawn in by their astheatics, but also to experiment with different types of DE. Might be a while until my face gives my wallet the go ahead though! :lol:

Does this help your birth year research?
Gillette date codes: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/US_Gillette_Dating_Information" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.ph ... nformation</a><!-- m -->

Assumed it was ok to link to that site

It does indeed, thanks. Looks like a could kill two birds with one stone by way of a superspeed.

Another shave and a few niks though, suprisingly, less than yesterday even after taking a brave pill and turning the futur up to just over 1.5! :shave

Promised myself to wait till at least February before I make any purchases! :evil:

I have my first adjustable coming so I will know your pain. I have recently received a slant (merkur 39c) and that gives me more nick thanvI expected but i'm probably pushing too hard for BBS as I expected it of it

I have my first adjustable coming so I will know your pain. I have recently received a slant (merkur 39c) and that gives me more nick than I expected but i'm probably pushing too hard for BBS as I expected it of it. I promised myself not to buy anything shaving related till my birthday but have done so at least 3 times

What year and month S/Speed you after. I collect Rockets and Super Speeds so I will keep a look out for you............

You can date them down to a month? August '78, thanks... off to see what a rocket is now....

The US ones have a date code in the form of a letter and number on them from 1950, 1978 is Y and your birthday is in the 3rd quarter of the year. So you are looking at a Y3 Black Handle Adjustable or Black Handle Super Speed. I am not sure of what you can get that is British made from that period, but there are people on here who are more knowledgable than me..........

That's interesting, could you tell me what's available from March 1996?

You are going to be a bit miffed...........you have a choice of a Sensor Excel or Sensor 3.............. :roll: .................still no need to go hunting for your birth razor, you can get them at any boot fair...... :shock: ...............You could get a razor from your dads birthday?