Vulfix Persian Musk Shave Cream

thumb_51Hpnlf5LoL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Vulfix cream's don't seem to get much of a shout either because they are overshadowed by the three T's or not many people know about them. Even so I have to say that I really quite like this Persian Musk, I have been shaving with it for most of the week and my shaves have been the most uneventful I think I have ever had. I only have a few creams (DRH, TOB's T&H) but in some cases this cream does surpass it's more illustrious brothers in lubrication and ease of lathering. As for moisturising properties, I don't expect shave soaps or creams to be particularly moisturising so get a moisturiser because by the time I have used alum, witch hazel and AS I can't tell.

This cream is good quality, but the packaging leaves a lot to be desired so unless it's been upgraded recently it is not very impressive but I don't really care about that. Scent can be a fickle mistress but the scent of this cream is subtle as it doesn't get up your'e nose or linger with any intent, if you have any preconception about what Persian Musk might smell like it's probably not this, I would say that the smell of this cream is fairly generic but very pleasant nonetheless.

Vulfix have a variety of scents including Rose, Limes, Sandalwood etc but if you are on the lookout for a cream they might also be worth considering. He doesn't know it yet but Diamond Edge sells it for about 40% less than anybody else plus I think it still comes in a large 225ml tub, so you should be able to get it delivered for less than a tenner so it is also good value.

Top notch for value, efficacy and slickness, scent pleasant but the packaging is hardly luxurious.

Thanks for that antdad. Could you compare the scent to something - an AS or cologne, perhaps? The name Persian Musk sounds really intriguing.

The first cream I purchased was Vulfix Sicilian Limes. Incredible scent -very fresh and uplifting. Great lather, too - I agree, it doesn't take much to stir up a nice, slick treat. As for the packaging, well it holds the cream and has a nice logo. A bit like TOBS, really. Nothing spectacular. But not that bad, either.

I splashed out around £15 for my big tub (!), so I'm very interested in this Diamond Edge place. Where is it?

I'm reluctant to try and compare a scent but it is more of a light woody fragrance with a touch of musk rather than a powerful musk as the name may imply...just a very pleasant scent, I would call it Sandalwood Lite.

Back
Top Bottom