Vulfix 404 Mixed

AJP

Well, having seen the reviews here, i thought i should give it a whirl and have just placed an order!

Do boar / boadger brushes truely lather as well as badger?

Are there any particular tips for this brush o should look out for and try once it has arrived?

(thought this may tie me over alongside my Mühle Pure, until the TSR one is ready! Oh yeah and the ordered one from Neo is created! :D )

Cheers

Oh i'll be posting :lol: Don't think i could stop myself!

It is very early in the whole planning stage, but i think we are going for Finest 2 Band, with the handle made from Burl - should be really nice ;)

I have had the 404 now for a few days and used it since it arrived. It does lather and is stiffer than my Mühle Pure, but the Pure produces more lather, quicker.

If this is the case across the board, why do people buy Boar/Boadger brushes? Is it solely because they are cheaper (generally).

Looking forward to giving the EJ Med Silvertip a spin when it arrives.

Cheers,

The fact is that many boar brushes offer a relatively inexpensive way of creating and applying lather. Personally I think a pure badger brush of reasonable quality will outperform most boar brushes.

AJP said:
If this is the case across the board, why do people buy Boar/Boadger brushes? Is it solely because they are cheaper (generally).

The addition of boar hair in theory is supposed to stiffen the knot up which can be a desirable quality, your brush should soften up after some use.

I've found a decent badger/boar to perform as well as a true badger, but only when face lathering soaps. For creams lathered in a bowl, any badger is better.

Back
Top Bottom