davidwoodhead
TSR_calendar_Feb.jpg

DJSteved
SOTD.jpg

Hippo
YY1Y7262_zps41e9f401.jpg

cheesepiece
IMG_20140222_111628_edit_zps183c0ceb.jpg

I love Hippo's picture, just stunning but I so wish there had been a different brush in there as that Wilkie is an awful, cheap scrubber! Still, it fits the colour scheme handsomely, I suppose. PGJH's is another lovely, surreal, golden-lit affair but I voted for him last month. Mulligano's arrangement of gear is great but the picture just a little too dark for my own, much less than high-class tastes. Jamie always takes lovely pictures but we can't have him winning all the time. Flip's is straight forward, to the point with an elegant simplicity which I really, really like but Mr Woodhead has it for me: up close and personal!

UKRob said:
Not even damned by faint praise - not even a mention.

Oh Rob, I'm very sorry and I couldn't take a picture half as good you for all the tea in china. It is a most handsome photograph but I'm waiting 'till you show off a beautiful, English Straight like a a mighty W&B with a shiny Rubberset number that doesn't have an orange ring. My only real criticism of your image above is that it is slightly squint and you cut off the side of the brush hair. Now this may be a deliberately arty trick but as I said I've no mind for latching onto such things. However, you may rest absolutely assured that nothing I vote for ever wins (Christ, no Scottish independence, please!) so you'll get your place in the calendar sooner rather than later. I may even take a picture of my wares so it can be ripped to shreds by more artfully inclined eyes than mine own. Besides, you're far too talented already what with your immaculate and often imaginative razor restorations, not to mention brushes.

Considered yourself mollified, my dear chap!

Gairdner said:
UKRob said:

Oh Rob, I'm very sorry and I couldn't take a picture half as good you for all the tea in china. It is a most handsome photograph but I'm waiting 'till you show off a beautiful, English Straight like a a mighty W&B with a shiny Rubberset number that doesn't have an orange ring. My only real criticism of your image above is that it is slightly squint and you cut off the side of the brush hair. Now this may be a deliberately arty trick but as I said I've no mind for latching onto such things. However, you may rest absolutely assured that nothing I vote for ever wins (Christ, no Scottish independence, please!) so you'll get your place in the calendar sooner rather than later. I may even take a picture of my wares so it can be ripped to shreds by more artfully inclined eyes than mine own. Besides, you're far too talented already what with your immaculate and often imaginative razor restorations, not to mention brushes.

God I hope not as well. The thought of President Salmond makes me shudder!!!

Rebec911 said:
Gairdner said:
UKRob said:

God I hope not as well. The thought of President Salmond makes me shudder!!!

Thank the lord, a fellow sympathiser! Maybe you have some of the powers that your avatar suggests and you can 'sort' things out so to speak?

So how do I find out who's winning this particular poll i.e. the photos?

I would think it most ungentleman-like but nevertheless, quite acceptable. Can you imagine any of our 'esteemed' politicians going to the polls to vote for some other bugger? Besides, If I entered a picture, it might be the only vote I get! Truly though, it goes against the grain (pun intended).

UKRob said:
Boab said:
Do the participants think it is fair to vote for your own entry?

That's 50% of all I'm likely to get - so yes is my answer.

Graeme - thank you so much - suitably mollified.

Rob, take a picture of a blackened, old straight with black scales, at night and lying on roof slates without flash and I'll vote for it! Mollification undone or humour added?

Boab said:
Do the participants think it is fair to vote for your own entry?

I don't see an option to prevent it ...

There is an option in the polling to make it visible who voted for who, but I left it anonymous as folks can make it known who they voted for in the thread.

... but yes, if people want to do that, they can. I don't see it as within the spirit of the game, but then others might.

I don't think there is a way to prevent it but I don't think it is within the spirit of the idea.

Back
Top Bottom