Vitos Green, Red, Red Coco

Ok, pedants corner here but I guess this is why I can call this small pocket of the internet home.

Some background, I first bought 50g samples of Vitos Green and Red from ShaveDash a few years ago, and liked it so much I bought chunks from GemStoneTrading and here are my observations of 3 and they are slight differences between all 3.

The issues with consistency are a little tricky to address as all my Vitos soaps have become harder since buying them.

Vitos Green (Supercrema)
Scent - Mild Almond/Talcum Powder
Consistency - Fairly firm
Lather - Thick with good cushion, not that slick as it has no glycerine, but slick enough

Vitos Red (Extra Super Original)
Scent - Mild Almond (no talcum Powder though)
Consistency - Reasonably pliable
Lather - Good cushion and slick (it has glycerine)

Vitos Red Coco (Extra Super Coco)
Scent - Marzipan/Amaretto Scent, sweeter than the others
Consistency - Soft like putty
Lather - Least cushion of 3, but the slickest

All 3 were available for purchase a few years ago but Connaught @Paul in 2017 said this
"I cannot buy the Extra Super original (almond) anymore, my supplier says this has been discontinued."

I just had a look at Connaught Shaving today and they have the 'Extra Super Original' back in stock.

FTR, I bought a block of Vitos Red 'Extra Super Original' from Goodfellas Smile last year, and I took the block out of the packaging and it had exactly the same scent and consistency as Vitos Red Coco, and I was a little bit dissapointed.

If Paul sees this but if he doesn't I will send him a PM, or buy a sample of it nonetheless to find if it is back in stock and report back if it is the de facto Vitos Red Extra Super Original.

IMO this is better:

IMO this is better:

3P is exceptional, but it's sadly one of the MANY soaps that makes my face burn.

I've got a Red Super Coco soap from Connaught a while back in the 100g tub. I used it the other day and felt it and it's quite hard. I can't remember if it was soft when I bought it and it has hardened over time. Performance was ok but I tend to find my skin doesn't like coconut oil heavy soaps usually.

Back
Top Bottom