Vintage razor collection - how to value?

Yep, gonna sell all my razors, I look much better this way.

9614871921_9ee6cb4035_m.jpg

The one that started it all! My first vintage razor and still my favourite. The interior of the case smells lovely for some reason.

View attachment 65443View attachment 65444

I love the smell of rhodium in the morning...View attachment 65449View attachment 65450
Am I correct in thinking one is an Aristocrat and one is a President? Do they shave the same?

I've promised myself an Aristocrat one day and you're reading me with these!!

If you want to achieve the best price then eBay is the way to go, wait for a special offer weekend where anything you list will have a maximum seller fee of £1... I get this offer every 2 weeks but it depends on your account. Then when you list be sure to offer international shipping, this is the most important thing and will push the prices up bigly. Other tips are doing 7 day listings starting at 99p, don't panic the market will decide how much it goes for and there is a booming market for such things. List or schedule the listing to go live in the evening, 6pm here is lunch time USA ;)

Following the above you should achieve these sorts of prices:

#15 - £100-£150
#22 - £100-£150
#58 - £75
Rocket - £35-£50
Aristocrat Jr - £35-£50
Fatboy - £100-£150

If you sell on here then you can knock 20% off my lowest estimates.

If you want to achieve the best price then eBay is the way to go, wait for a special offer weekend where anything you list will have a maximum seller fee of £1... I get this offer every 2 weeks but it depends on your account. Then when you list be sure to offer international shipping, this is the most important thing and will push the prices up bigly. Other tips are doing 7 day listings starting at 99p, don't panic the market will decide how much it goes for and there is a booming market for such things. List or schedule the listing to go live in the evening, 6pm here is lunch time USA ;)

#15 - £100-£150
#22 - £100-£150
#58 - £75
Rocket - £35-£50
Aristocrat Jr - £35-£50
Fatboy - £100-£150

I'd like to offer you a job with the Emporium as a Market Analyst. Terms and Conditions are shite but the boss is hot.

Am I correct in thinking one is an Aristocrat and one is a President? Do they shave the same?

I've promised myself an Aristocrat one day and you're reading me with these!!
They are all English razors so no Presidents!

The one in the red box isn't really an Aristocrat, more of a posh Rocket with superior plating (nickel not rhodium).

My Aristocrat razor collection consists of two 'proper' rhodium plated Aristocrats: #15 (open comb) and #22 (closed comb).

I also have an Aristocrat Junior (heavy base plate version) and the #58 - they are more noble than aristocratic.

#15 - £100-£150
#22 - £100-£150
#58 - £75
Rocket - £35-£50
Aristocrat Jr - £35-£50
Fatboy - £100-£150

#15 - £100-£150
#22 - £100-£150
#58 - £75
Rocket - £35-£50
Aristocrat Jr - £35-£50
Fatboy - £100-£150

Those prices are lower than I paid for them a few years ago - has the market changed that much?

Unfortunately for you or anyone selling vintage gear unless you have something really rare and therefore highly desirable the price's you will get today are lower than a few years back but these things go in cycles so price's may come back up to the price's you paid at some point.
Take a loss or hang on to them for the time being.
It's the nature of the beast!!!

Paul.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom