Vintage Omega

A friend very kindly gifted me this NOS Omega 621 badger brush he picked up in a charity shop.
The box has that slightly faded look of sitting in a shop window all its life and I wasn’t sure what to expect when I opened it. Lo and behold the brush is brand new with hang tag attached and even still inside the original plastic travel tube.
Omega, Italy responded to my inquiry for information as I couldn't find any refrences to this brush online. They updated their printing process for the logo and changed the outer packaging in late 1970's so they informed me that this brush pre-dates those production changes.
Quite remarkable its remained in a box all this time and it still has that unused badger hair smell.
Pictured next to a Yaqi Sagrada Familia for size comparison.
It’s a lovely wee brush and it seems almost a shame to get it wet after surviving all this time.

a.JPGb.JPGc.JPG

He deserves a dram for such a great find.
Enjoy the wee Omega…..I like the look of the handle. (y)
Absolutely.
I haven't any experience of using vintage brushes.
I had a slight concern it might shed like crazy if the knot base had maybe become brittle with age ?

A friend very kindly gifted me this NOS Omega 621 badger brush he picked up in a charity shop.
The box has that slightly faded look of sitting in a shop window all its life and I wasn’t sure what to expect when I opened it. Lo and behold the brush is brand new with hang tag attached and even still inside the original plastic travel tube.
Omega, Italy responded to my inquiry for information as I couldn't find any refrences to this brush online. They updated their printing process for the logo and changed the outer packaging in late 1970's so they informed me that this brush pre-dates those production changes.
Quite remarkable its remained in a box all this time and it still has that unused badger hair smell.
Pictured next to a Yaqi Sagrada Familia for size comparison.
It’s a lovely wee brush and it seems almost a shame to get it wet after surviving all this time.

View attachment 81157View attachment 81158View attachment 81159
thats a nice looking specimen for sure and great story of age! I have the Yaqi sacrada Familia in Badger which is by far my smallest brush, so the omega is even quite a bit smaller right? what is the knot size of this nice brush?

Absolutely.
I haven't any experience of using vintage brushes.
I had a slight concern it might shed like crazy if the knot base had maybe become brittle with age ?
I would definitely soak properly to rehydrate the knot top to bottom before starting to use it to make sure it has the chance to become re-accustomed to its intended use all those years ago;)!

thats a nice looking specimen for sure and great story of age! I have the Yaqi sacrada Familia in Badger which is by far my smallest brush, so the omega is even quite a bit smaller right? what is the knot size of this nice brush?
Yes its a fair bit smaller than the Sagrada Familia
Omega informed me the current version 621 is pretty much identical in terms of dimensions but handle design is slightly different and the resin colour changed. They didn't mention the knot size and it isn't mentioned on their website. From a crude measurement with a ruler I'd say about 20 - 22mm.

Wow great find by your buddy! It's amazing what's just lurking on the shelves for decades! I hope the knot stays intact when you try it. Love the picture of a badger, just to remove any trace of doubt what the hair is! At least I now know what badger is in Italian.

Back
Top Bottom