Vintage Astra Razor Blades

Advertising on AliExpress is the chance to purchase 100 vintage razor blades at £6 per sleeve including free postage, these blades date back to the 1980s. Mt question is, has anyone got any experience with old blades in particular Astra Greens or Blues, and do you reckon that blades this old would be usable?

Advertising on AliExpress is the chance to purchase 100 vintage razor blades at £6 per sleeve including free postage, these blades date back to the 1980s. Mt question is, has anyone got any experience with old blades in particular Astra Greens or Blues, and do you reckon that blades this old would be usable?

I don't think it's an 80's blade, it's made in Russia

U568bd5348fab4e39a97b1a3797516d3cZ.jpg

The blade is maybe the 2000's?

So many DE blades made in Russia because In 1989 American P&G signed a contract and opend joint venture in St.Petersburg in 2004 Gillette Czech plants moved to Russia... So some guys not buying russian blades for personal reasons may need reconsider it.

From here

For £6 I'd rather get 100 new Astra SP's on sale on eBay.

But if you are looking for something else, I think some of the best Gillette blades available for a good price include the MIC Super Blues and the Russian made Gillette Minora Stainless. You can get them for about £8.50 for a 100 from Big Deals Mart.

I've tried early St Petersburg outputs from a couple of different sources. Broken bottle territory unfortunately.
I think it took them a little while to get everything right

Back
Top Bottom