Vie-Long Epsilon Shaving Brushes

Ian T

Vendor Sponsor
Some of our latest Vie-Long and Epsilon shaving brushes - In store now at our Dundee shaving shop.

Vie-Long Epsilon natural white horse hair (not dyed) shaving brush with a natural Olive wood handle. This 50mm loft 24mm knot brush offers an excellent combination of firm hair and soft tips thanks to a dedicated process that Vie-Long applies to the tips of each brush.

Vie-Long Epsilon Super two-band badger shaving brush. A stiffer hair than the Silvertip or Best badger grade offered by Vie-Long making it a great choice for lathering hard soaps and creams. Loft 52mm, Knot 25mm with an attractive burgundy resin handle.

Vie-Long Epsilon natural brown (not dyed) horse hair shaving brush with a most attractive garnet and white swirl resin base. This 55mm loft 24mm knot brush provides an excellent combination of firm hair and soft tips thanks to a dedicated process that Vie-Long applies to every brush.

Vie-Long mixed badger and horse hair shaving brush. Since 1940 Vie-Long has been world renowned for the use of horse hair in may of their classic shaving brushes. This mixed hair brush with a 52mm loft , 21mm knot features a faux ivory resin handle with chrome.

Attachments

• epsilon 2 band.jpg
    epsilon 2 band.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Epsilon White Horse.jpg
    Epsilon White Horse.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Vie Long Badger Horse.jpg
    Vie Long Badger Horse.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Epsilon Horse.jpg
    Epsilon Horse.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Are these horse hair brushes prone to shedding hairs?

Hi Roy,

These horse hair brushes are not prone to shedding but what I would say about all horse hair brushes is that I personally tend to not let the brush splay too much when lathering soaps or creams and I use painting motions when applying the lather to the face, also I will give it a comb from time to time after using and towel drying. We have sold horse hair brushes for many years Roy and though they are not prone to shedding we have on occasion seen the hair tangle in the center of the knot, but not a common problem and with a little care as above, your horse hair brush should last for years. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom