Vie-Long Brush query

My local independent pharmacy has Vie-Long shaving brushes for sale. I'm not sure what particular model it is as I couldn't see any numbers on it and I was in a hurry. It was priced at £7.99 so I'm assuming the bottom of the range model. Any ideas on which one it would be and would it be a good brush in comparison to say a Vulfix 404 mix? I don't want to spend a fortune but was wondering which of these two would be better for a newcomer. I'm currently using a synthetic Men-U brush which I was sent as their natural one fell apart on me.

SImmo

Hey mate,Im from Spain and I dont usually buy Vie Long.why?cuz theyre expensive and I find in other brands like Semogue better quality and a cheap price.Saying that if your local shop has them in sale it would be a good chance for you to get one and try.Is ot boar or horse or the mixed horse with badger?I only find the silvertip Vie Longs interesting since they share the same badger supplier than Plisson and theyre basically European White badger and even some of the High White Mountain but half of a Plisson price.
SirEd8 made a good review about Vie Long brushes not a long time ago.Heres the thread about them:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2950" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2950</a><!-- l --> (actually it was beneath this thread)
Good luck and let us know if you get one and what you think about it.

Without a model number or picture it's impossible to tell but it is almost certainly a boar brush although VL do produce brushes with other hair types and mixes.

I'm sure it will be fine, most boar brushes fall between £8 - £18 but there is a post somewhere from a supplier with a huge number of Vie Long's so you might be able to ID it from that.

If you can wait and increase you budget a little more I'd recommend one of Fido's New Forest brushes when they become available, the extra investment will be worth it.

Thanks for the mention antdad.

My first New Forest brush - Superior Badger two band - arrives this week but I'm soon off to Edinburgh so will be posting details about launch probably on 9 June.

Fido,

when you say your 1st brush..do you mean you are just getting one through to sell on, or one type, of which there are a number? I ask as i think there are probably a number of us hoping to buy one from you.....myself included :D

AJP said:
Fido,

when you say your 1st brush..do you mean you are just getting one through to sell on, or one type, of which there are a number? I ask as i think there are probably a number of us hoping to buy one from you.....myself included :D

YES, I´m waiting too :hungrig

I don't really want to gate crash this thread but this is the situation:

My first batch of New Forest Superior Badger two band bulb shape brushes will be on sale from 9 June. This is a 22mm knot 50mm loft. My introductory offer to TSR members will be £25 plus delivery. Details will be posted in Vendors offers. I'll leave the offer open for a reasonable period. Subject to positive feedback I will add a fan shape version and also a Finest Silvertip version in bulb and fan shape all with 22mm knot size. Four options in all. After that, it will depend on how well things go - I would like to add some larger sizes - time will tell.

I'd like to get cracking now but as I'm travelling soon it would be daft to be away soon after posting the introductory offer. And I won't be going anywhere during the world cup.

Back
Top Bottom