Vicious circle

I had a couple of rough shaves from a feather which followed a few nicks from a Treet platinum, the nicks and weepers have given me patches that I seem to catch repeatedly. Last night I switched out the Feather for a Derby as I wanted a dull blade and just went for a SAS already my face feels as though its been given a rest and I'll probably not shave until tomorrow night now which means an unpleasantly stubbly day tomorrow but it will be OK if I break the circle.

I've read about the 'skin thinning' effect of using Feather blades daily - that could lead to having 'weepers' at the end of every shave.

Not sure if it has been backed up with anything but anecdotes though.

Try a feather in a gillette ball-end tech. They go for a few quid to a tenner on fleabay.

Mild razor + aggressive blade is a good combo for tougher beards, even for daily shavers. I use to do WTG + XTG. No probs

I use feathers every day - in a slim adjustable set on 1-3 they are superb. I turn up to 4-5 for a very close shave but even with severe sunburn (loving the surprise British summertime!) i can use a slim on 1 with feather and get a serviceable shave.

neocaligatio said:
I use feathers every day - in a slim adjustable set on 1-3 they are superb. I turn up to 4-5 for a very close shave but even with severe sunburn (loving the surprise British summertime!) i can use a slim on 1 with feather and get a serviceable shave.
... he said, stirring the embers of his fire with the tip of his penis.

Too far?

cheese_dave said:
neocaligatio said:
... he said, stirring the embers of his fire with the tip of his penis.

Too far?

I'd rather use a poker :eek:

I know what you mean about the vicious circle, if I have been overly aggressive on shaving over the weekend I have to shave for work and with some razor and blade combination's I am starting to get a few red bumps after two shaves. In these instances I have a fallback known mild blade and razor and a good protective soap. For me that would be the EJ head with a Personna bade and Tabac or Henk's soap.

A couple of days with just a two pass shave and protective soap and all the irritation is gone again. I think you need to find a known mild combination for yourself and fall back to that in times of trouble. Ideally if you skipped a day that would work quicker but that is not always possible.

I did switch to a Derby which I find to be mild and I'm looking forward to my shave tonight having last shaved on Monday night. I'm not a great fan of Derbys as I generally find them too mild but having gone OTT it was just the job!

FWIW I think it was the sequence of the Treet Platinum and the the Feather that caused me the problem. The Treet was good but I managed to get some cuts and weepers which I then kept catching with the Feather. So far I reckon my goto blade will be Red Personnas mixed in with the Yellow Gillette 7 o' clocks.

Back
Top Bottom