Using a croap

Satanfriendly

Supporter
Supporter
LeJog 2022 Finisher
Has anyone any hints on how to lather with a croap?

I don't have any problems creating a great lather but I inevitably end up with a small amount I just Can't break down. Usually ending up with me having to fish it out otherwise it just stays in the brush.

A petty kind of 'what?' question but it does annoy me

Any 'you should do this' very welcome

I use my finger in the croap and smear a bit on either cheek, then face lather. Depends how soft the croap is really.

I don't want to add any moisture to a croap so don't put my brush in it unless it's dry, but prefer a finger.

I generally bowl lather which helps break down the croap. Pretty similar to @les24preludes, I scoop a small amount out with a finger, but I then smear it into the base of my bowl. The heat from my finger is normally enough for it to start softening and with it being spread really thinly on the bowl I usually (not always) manage to completely break it down.

Though if you face lather none of the above is relevant! Lol

Use less pressure when loading the brush if you are digging croap out you are pressing too hard. To use a croap I soak the brush as usual in a sink of cold water whilst I shower, I load the brush as I would on a hard soap but with a much lighter touch and fewer swirls, then I face lather.

I use my finger in the croap and smear a bit on either cheek, then face lather. Depends how soft the croap is really.

I don't want to add any moisture to a croap so don't put my brush in it unless it's dry, but prefer a finger.

The correct way.

Wet face, rub in croap (small pea size) use brush=win.

Croaps are dense creams not soft soaps. It is my opinion that they are treated as such. I don't use a wet brush on anything that has water in it (like a cream or a croap).
I also don't bloom soaps. water is for lather, It is not to contaminate your soaps etc.

The correct way.

Wet face, rub in croap (small pea size) use brush=win.

Croaps are dense creams not soft soaps. It is my opinion that they are treated as such. I don't use a wet brush on anything that has water in it (like a cream or a croap).
I also don't bloom soaps. water is for lather, It is not to contaminate your soaps etc.

You say tomarto I say tomayto let's call the whole thing off!!

I think reducing this to binary thinking doesn't do justice to the inherent ambiguity of a bastard creation of a soap and a cream. That's worthy of bisociation at the very least or maybe even cubism.

So a croap is actually an early 20th century art movement?

Like the outside of a paradox.

What that dreadful night club which was on Aintree industrial estate? I know what the outside of that particular Paradox looked like. As dreadful as the enigma on the inside

Back
Top Bottom