'Unique Style' Safety Razor

Along with the Tech Traveller, I've also purchased one of these:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320431627473&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1481wt_1165">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 481wt_1165</a><!-- m -->

for a whopping 99p! (With a fiver's postage....)

Given it comes with a pack of WS blades too, it seems like an absolute bargain :mrgreen: which potentially means it's going to be for decorative uses only :?

Looks great!

Let me know how long you're in A&E for . . . then isolation ward in ICU (some of those tropical infections are still uncategorised by Western medicine).

Six to eight week would be my guess; shorter, obviously, if you, er, "don't make it"

Good luck!

Hahah - the joke is, I'm sure most electric razors are now made in China, I wonder if anyone considers that prior to shoving Phillishave through stubble....

A good bleach upon arrival will be fine! If it ever even turns up I'll post some pictures

I'm shuddering with the idea that the Chinese would knock out a 'fake' version of already inferior products! Kind of like having a copy Timex instead of a copy Rolex :lol:

The razor arrived today!

I'll get round to putting a few pictures up later in the week, but first impressions are not good - the picture was clearly nicked off the Parker website, needless to say what I received was not even close!

The whole lot is Indian rather than Chinese, including the Indian WS blades, which are marked as "Wilkinson Sword, a Gillette Company" :? I put a blade in to see how the mechanism works.... I had to give it two attempts as the blade actually caught in the doors of the razor and nearly snapped the blade

Will 'sanitise' and give it a go later in the week maybe... :mrgreen:

unfortunatly you gets what you pay for with these things..

but its not going to break the bank, perhaps you can have it as a display piece or ermm a paperweight I would be wary of putting it against my chops although in reality I will try anything once.

The wife gave it a look and advised me not to even try it... on closer inspection the blade gap and angle is almost dangerous on one side!

I wrote a strongly-worded email to the seller, pointing out that his picture was misleading (the pic was a parker) and the comment of "the razor will be the same but the handle design may differ" was ultimately a lie. That coupled with the fact that the quality of manufacture is almost a health hazard prompted him to give me a full refund inc p&p!

So all in, I walked away with a 5 pack of Indian Wilkinson Sword blades and a decorative paperweight!