"Undoughnutting" Synth Brush

You do right ...

Nice idea, terrible in practice. It is literally impossible not to end up with a tangled knot when lathering. I really, really wanted the idea of horse to work out for me but I just could not get past having to groom it after every use. It was a stress ... and shaving should not be that.
I'm baffled that you can't 'git along' with a horsie - although my shaving slowed somewhat with the pandemic, I used a Vie Long white horse hair brush for a full year from early January 2020 exclusively i.e. without interruption - no knots, no tangles. It'll be trotted out soon - one of my absolute favourites.

I'm baffled that you can't 'git along' with a horsie - although my shaving slowed somewhat with the pandemic, I used a Vie Long white horse hair brush for a full year from early January 2020 exclusively i.e. without interruption - no knots, no tangles. It'll be trotted out soon - one of my absolute favourites.
Yep, that's the horsie on the left in my picture previously.

Yep, that's the horsie on the left in my picture previously.
Mine is buried somewhere here, although the link might get scrubbed:

... mine got a plastic wig!

ACtC-3c_zoVzD7MCo7cC_755ZVS4XeuslHr8dQOHsJZ4ZUmG6ue004F8TNGYCe88_ZC4FIlitpecNTB5LdLwY4MCEyBoQqSPfXMKKhEawA5KdJMfz2LV20CFgrC4XIw6-Uf8mSe8-PUBgdrSVUKAeIvMVx538A=w600

I also had two Amphora handles from Vie-Long, the first (a white horse) also tangled up like crazy. The second was a brown horse and it was of such poor quality control, the knot had to be pulled - it had a dink in the metal ring and a corresponding "chip" in the handle edge:

ACtC-3feo_4dvxksEVSYn7YTgS70PuZfYiteqJJx_7SDA2JMATV017YObBYTKnnrW3NO6F65uyC4VwR6LhKRuJDWcBL-nau75m-dc5HaDEIXbdAwEKQkqHGCfimNwkWLMhXW4IrfBhXA3fLBMbArQcjiYBJVPA=s600

ACtC-3cwc5ZtZQwMLLKgJstremjL7zYRIf5MoD4gAOQM7RwionJq_FJkZazEx9YF_R4p3j6FEBUNThycAHiBn3JZ-1v2runYaiDdnT76RXUWrsVhh0QKesc9RbpI58ajSmFcP9UNZ6AUYXk-gsAmXCP_1TcHMg=s600

... that knot was steamed and pulled. What a terrible rim!

ACtC-3dfavfKRDdLnTHVOEqL7OH8YP_bJyGd2yuQotdoFsokMejimPSg6semLf-BrRe89QMfwUKBOLSnj_n-qQsug-cPamhap_0DBGqKiJYyEtq6utv9ksy6inpdfcSM7hL3-f25SO7AnK3llDPM-cnw6j7gRg=s600

That one got a badger as a commission:

ACtC-3fChBfk9U51LevnBZNKWGOWZcBNGzFrLEGs7C46zduJSYJRbp5e9iDocgR2NMyWhlIzxOp6imuRWDqS6xzK0QZo2Rix0Lpz4touNcS8-vqAa1S40ZyImuCWd9CmAaBiLDR11iRQ8mMghqBMUIsqi7jIBw=w1200

... the other another plastic wig.

You fellows have encouraged me to at least give it another try. As I said, I really wanted horse to work for me, but I just could not get along with the format. Quick sanity check: I'm a face latherer. You guys, too?

I also had two Amphora handles from Vie-Long, the first (a white horse) also tangled up like crazy. The second was a brown horse and it was of such poor quality control, the knot had to be pulled - it had a dink in the metal ring and a corresponding "chip" in the handle edge:

ACtC-3feo_4dvxksEVSYn7YTgS70PuZfYiteqJJx_7SDA2JMATV017YObBYTKnnrW3NO6F65uyC4VwR6LhKRuJDWcBL-nau75m-dc5HaDEIXbdAwEKQkqHGCfimNwkWLMhXW4IrfBhXA3fLBMbArQcjiYBJVPA=s600

ACtC-3cwc5ZtZQwMLLKgJstremjL7zYRIf5MoD4gAOQM7RwionJq_FJkZazEx9YF_R4p3j6FEBUNThycAHiBn3JZ-1v2runYaiDdnT76RXUWrsVhh0QKesc9RbpI58ajSmFcP9UNZ6AUYXk-gsAmXCP_1TcHMg=s600

... that knot was steamed and pulled. What a terrible rim!

ACtC-3dfavfKRDdLnTHVOEqL7OH8YP_bJyGd2yuQotdoFsokMejimPSg6semLf-BrRe89QMfwUKBOLSnj_n-qQsug-cPamhap_0DBGqKiJYyEtq6utv9ksy6inpdfcSM7hL3-f25SO7AnK3llDPM-cnw6j7gRg=s600

That one got a badger as a commission:

ACtC-3fChBfk9U51LevnBZNKWGOWZcBNGzFrLEGs7C46zduJSYJRbp5e9iDocgR2NMyWhlIzxOp6imuRWDqS6xzK0QZo2Rix0Lpz4touNcS8-vqAa1S40ZyImuCWd9CmAaBiLDR11iRQ8mMghqBMUIsqi7jIBw=w1200

... the other another plastic wig.

You fellows have encouraged me to at least give it another try. As I said, I really wanted horse to work for me, but I just could not get along with the format. Quick sanity check: I'm a face latherer. You guys, too?
I'm mostly a face latherer, Paul - I like a nice warm (ok hot) brush on my fizzog. Revisiting the vendor websites I've been shocked at some of the prices. I reckon white horse hair is the way to go and the one I showed you is cheap as chips - maybe a UK vendor has it, since Brexit seems to have derailed some delivered prices from the EU.

Back
Top Bottom