Ultralight Shaving Setup Advice

You could shave another few grams off by having an aluminium baseplate ... or squeeze that tiny bit more than that by switching to a Sterling. Actually, the Lord L5 while it looks every bit like a Sterling is more like the Gillette "Double Edge" as the Sterling was once known a couple (or more) decades ago.

Not necessarily practical advice, but fun thinking through the most lightweight.

You have got me thinking about that Muhle brush for travel. I usually just take canned goo but that would open up the idea of a tube of cream.

It's probably a bit late to chip in on this one from the OP's point of view, but for anybody looking for a really light shaving kit when I go backpacking I use a Merkur 45 bakelite razor and Somersets shaving oil, followed by some Lucky Tiger balm carried in a little Nalgene bottle. The oil isn't as good as a proper lather but does the job. The Merkur razor weighs well under 30g and is excellent, as is the Lucky Tiger

I am back from walking the Cotswold Way and very enjoyable it was too. I have only ever driven through the Cotswolds before so wasn’t too sure what to expect but it really is a lovely part of the world. My shaving setup worked perfectly and the Mühle STF Travel Brush is superb. Thanks to all who offered advice and recommendations, it is much appreciated.