UK meteorology

Cheers gents. He's not so much feeling ill; more in discomfort, but we're concerned as to what's causing it.
Back to meteorology - we've had our first snow shower of the week here, though the sun is now out. Here are Malcolm's thoughts:

Cheers gents. He's not so much feeling ill; more in discomfort, but we're concerned as to what's causing it.
Back to meteorology - we've had our first snow shower of the week here, though the sun is now out. Here are Malcolm's thoughts:
This cold weather has given me the chance to dig out my submariners pullover out and with my Swanndri heavy bushshirt over the top I'm as snug as a bug in a rug! Bring it on! P.

Netweather's chief forecaster has contributed to the 72 hour model discussion thread, so I thought I'd quote him:

Just drove down to Huddersfield through a blizzard, drove back five minutes later with only a few flakes swirling about and some powder on the pavements. Going to be an interesting couple of days.

Fairly typical of conditions today - the cloud wasn't that dense so precipitation was light and patchy. Had it been warmer it would have been one of those days with light fleeting showers.

Good to hear that others have snow (and nice to have contributions from those who don't normally comment in this thread)! I think we in lowland Norfolk have more than the Count does in the Pennines (3 inches) thanks to being just far enough inland from the North Sea to allow the showers to deepen as they come onshore but not so far inland that they weakened before getting here.
Anyway, here's Malcolm's usual 72 hour model post with my annptations in bold: