UK meteorology

I'm ready for the beast from the east, bring it on! I laugh at inclement weather, ha ha!
You were saying how much you hated snow the other week!
Anyway, here's a snow-hater (Malcolm) with his 72 hour thoughts:

I haven't got much time this morning, but here are Malcolm's thoughts:

Malcolm's post. Don't worry about the two forecast soundings; I don't fully understand them yet - the first one shows that the temperatures at 850hPa aren't much colder than at ground level, and the one at the end shows the tropopause (the boundary between the troposphere and stratosphere) at 450hPa pressure height where normally it would be around the 300hPa pressure height, indicating low heights, which you might recall indicates a cold airmass:

Something extra from Malcolm - from yesterday evening - the anomalies (don't worry about the charts if you're not sure how to interpret them, though they're not hard to understand if you take some time; the red areas represent higher than average pressure with higher heopotential heights, and blue represents lower than average heights):

Last edited:
Usual post, though from midnight rather than 7 am:

Until Thursday, I'd suggest you might want to check the Met Office site for weather warnings related to snow coming in from the North Sea. I might not be able to post them all as there may be quite a few and because my dad is unwell at present - he has a GP appointment on Tuesday at which point we might know a touch more.