UK meteorology

I say I think there is some sort of mistake, I believe I have JohnnyO's weather instead of my own...

Anyway, here's a longer than normal post from Malcolm, where he goes briefly beyond the 72 hour limit for the thread he posts these thought in, and discusses the likelu setup further out using the 500mB/hPa height anaomaly ensemble mean. Don't try to understand it for now; his discussion describes what it indicates:

Snow is definitely further East than shown in the precipitation chart. Veering between sun and wintry showers and sodding cold too!
As can be seen from the data on the chart, it was s short-range model run from 0600 this morning valid for 1300 hours, so it won't necessarily be 100% accurate. Did the rest of what I posted make any sense? I'm trying to find a site I had saved on my old computer which showed what all the lines etc., on FAX charts represented - if I find it I'll link it here.

Further thoughts from our Camborne ex-Met Office chap:

Last edited:
Didn't get chance to go through it all yet so I can't really say if it all made sense, performance review time at the moment so a bit busy busy. I'll let you know when I've had chance.

Didn't get chance to go through it all yet so I can't really say if it all made sense, performance review time at the moment so a bit busy busy. I'll let you know when I've had chance.
Good luck with your review!

Malcolm's thoughts (my notes in bold):

Apologies for the extreme delay in posting today's view - my anxiety has been awful today. Anyway, here are Malcolm's thoughts from this morning: