UK meteorology

Apologies for the delay, we were out this morning, but here's this morning's analysis from the usual chap:

Different output this time - surface analysis from the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (their equivalent of part of the Met Office, the other being the National Weather Service). In this case, the first "x" marks the centre of the high and low presure areas at the time of the forcast, with the arrow showing the forcast path and the second "x" showing where it's likely to be at the "valid" time:

Yay! I got snow! nearly gone already mind but it was enough to cover the car park.

Can send you plenty down Count. Had to turn back from the dog walk today, stumbled into a real whiteout when I got half a mile or so up the farm road end and even the gumboots and stick couldn't afford a safe footing. Still drifting down across the moors and settling gently over our surroundings.

JohnnyO. o/

Bring it on JohnnyO! Though if you could wait until I get the kids back next week that would be better - bit sad running around in the garden at 51 making snowmen on your own...now I've got a neighbour that is.

Take care, Johnny, and get yourself something from here:
https://www.icegripper.co.uk/
Latest Met Office FAX chart for midnight Wednesday night/Thursday morning:

Bring it on JohnnyO! Though if you could wait until I get the kids back next week that would be better - bit sad running around in the garden at 51 making snowmen on your own...now I've got a neighbour that is.

I'm fairly sure your children would prefer if I could send the snow down to you rather than your bringing them up to us Count. It's been falling steadily all evening, our road is nearly blocked and drifts a couple of feet forming. And, for myself, I love 51 year olds who retain the magic of childhood sufficently to give themselves up to innocent enjoyment and simple delights !

JohnnyO. o/

Here's todays' post, albeit with reference to regional threads on Netweather. Had I deleted that reference, the post wouldn't hae made much sense. I'll include the updated FAX chart from the Met Office that he mentions at the end of the quoted post.

As far as tonight's storm is concerned, the Met Office website and BBC forecasts (or Met Office videos in their site) will be the best way of keeping up to date with developments.