UK meteorology

Ah yes Johnny, but it didn't say I agreed with him!
Anyway, more from our ex-Met Office man as he sees the next few days:

After a cool and (in the south) wet day tomorrow, Remembrance Sunday is set to be cold and bright, albeit with showers down the east coast, which will be wintry over high ground. Monday will also be cold, but milder, Atlantic-driven conditions with wind and rain will re-establish themselves by midweek. Towards the end of next week, the likely evolution is uncertain, with a cold, showery north-westerly flow or a stalling area of low pressure over the UK seemingly more probable than the alternatives, which could include an unseasonably warm southerly flow or a full-on westerly with deep lows moving across the UK in rapid succession.

Last edited:
Quoted from the member on Netweather whose short-term analysis I trust and frequently quote:

More from aforementioned Netweather member:

More from aforementioned Netweather member:

Had quite a few cold, wet mornings I can let you have anytime you want a wintery feel Count ... and that's pretty much all year round !

JohnnyO. o/
Has it been that much wetter this year than normal, Johnny?
Anyway, it seems that Dutton has stopped doing forecast videos, but he has done a short video on the likely effect of a weak La Nina this winter. This is a subject that has been considered at length on the Netweather forum, and the opinion there is pretty much as Dutton suggests: