UK meteorology

Malcolm part 1 for 6th July:

Part 2:

I'm only doing a few of the more delicate flowering plants the rest of it will have to cope. I'm off the grid for water and not totally sure where it comes from anyway, if it comes to stand pipes like in the 70s I'll be stuffed.

I'm only doing a few of the more delicate flowering plants the rest of it will have to cope. I'm off the grid for water and not totally sure where it comes from anyway, if it comes to stand pipes like in the 70s I'll be stuffed.
Our problem is we're growing vegetables and herbs which need plenty, plus we've got our usual bedding plants which need some. I take it you extract groundwater if you're not on the mains? If that's the case, you ought to be OK.

For now. Water companies are having ddiificulty meeting increased water demand due to the hot weather, though, for now, reserves are sufficient in most areas.

It's unbelievable Chris, I live in one of the wettest areas of one of the wettest regions in western Scotland, we're already getting warnings from our water authorities of potential shortages/rationing.

JohnnyO. o/

It's unbelievable Chris, I live in one of the wettest areas of one of the wettest regions in western Scotland, we're already getting warnings from our water authorities of potential shortages/rationing.

JohnnyO. o/
If the monthly Met Office discussion is any guide, you should be getting some frontal rainfall after mid-month. Down here, we're going to be reliant on showers and storms.

Our problem is we're growing vegetables and herbs which need plenty, plus we've got our usual bedding plants which need some. I take it you extract groundwater if you're not on the mains? If that's the case, you ought to be OK.
I'm really not sure to be honest I think it comes from one of the farms but whether it's from the mains. The neighbours down the lane used to get water from a borehole but are on the mains now but I'm definitely not.