UK meteorology

Malcolm's thoughts:

Surprisingly OK these days, the littlest used to be a upset by them but we watched a lightning storm across the valley from her bedroom window a couple of years back and she's been fine since then.
I'm pleased to hear that - storms scared me until an embarassingly late age, and, if we get one close overnight I'm still a touch wary.
Apologies for not posting for a few days - my anxiety hs been bad again and I've been rather busy. I'd like to think I'll be back to posting from tomorrow.

Malcolm's thoughts part 1:

Part 2:

Back to Meh! is the quick version...
Some time next week, yes. I think the spell we've had with the stronger arm of the jet running so far north and thundery lows drifting up from the continent has been unusual in its longevity, and expecting it to last for much longer would be unreasonable. Thanks to that set-up, the only rain most areas have seen for the past 2-3 weeks has been storm rain which is hit and miss and can be damaging to gardens and crops as opposed to the prolonged but usually moderate rainfall we get from summer Atlantic depressions.

Malcolm part 1:

Part 2: