Twitter

What was it David Cameron said something like too many Tweets makes a Twat?

Likewise I don't get it I tried it, I've followed some people and posted about 4 tweets but quite frankly it seems pointless.

I don't really get it either. I've tweeted once in the few months I've had it.

I have used the search function a few times, when trying to get glasto tickets and when the Chilean miners were being rescued, for a constantly updating stream containing the odd bit of useful info but using the 'latest' function in google works much better.

WTF is twittering?

It reminds me a little of the Halloween joke my eldest told this evening (and was quite funny):

"What do little birds say on Halloween?

Trick or tweet!"

At my old job one of the senior managers used to give his weekly/monthly/when he could be arsed/ blogs. I used to laugh to myself and delete the "b" from his "blog" and imagined him struggling...

I twitter..to watch vid's if any and gotta love TopGear and my fav. tv shows ;-)..including a few funny comedians
TechCrunch is also a good one about technology

B

Yep I've tried, I really have, but I just don't see the point. Now that Cheesey has stopped tweeting there really isn't much left. It appears to be used by businesses as a kind of mini-blog, but I just can't think of anything interesting to say so I just hang around here instead!

antdad said:
I don't get it.

Just another means to justify ones existence?

I've looked at it, and, as you say, I don't see the point, other than as a self-infatuation. But then I'm not a big fan of social media anyway. I much prefer private media, like chats, and totally public media like fora, or the old-fashioned but still very effective mailing lists...

me neither for either business or pleasure just can't get it!

I did use it a little bit last year when following Lance Armstrong on the TdF. That was quite good as you got a different take on it.

But after that had finished just got drivel like been for a ride, or had a great coffee.

Well so had I but I didn't feel the need to tell thousands of people about it!!

I'm still open minded about it but am yet to be convinced. I was a bit like that with facebook but now see the light!!

I never tweet. I do however find twitter useful as a source of information by following
informative people/sources. eg

CNN
BBC
Several local newspapers
LFC information (obviously lol)
A couple of local photographers
etc

It's also useful to search twitter for your hometown, you can usually
find events taking place.

i.e use twitter to your advantage by following people/sources of information
that you are actually interested in and by not following a load of tossers.

It's just another data aggregator in the end.

+1

I've seen some people post their SOTD on there

I'm hoping to use it to keep a record of my exercise as I fail miserably at keeping paper records/diary.

It also comes in handy to look up news, recipes, specific articles when I'm sitting bored in the car waiting for SWMBO to come out of the supermarket, train station etc...